Bridge

  • Faye
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2001
      Does anyone recognize this location?

      be overseer of the Road from Tyancoca Bridge to Braswells Mill Creek

      There is no Tyancoca Bridge in Edgecombe County so I thought I'd try
      here.

      Thanks

      Faye
    • jaybyrd
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2001
        The NC Gazetteer states the following:
        "Cokey Swamp rises in se Nash County and flows se into w dgecombe
        Countywhere it enters Town Creek. Tiancok, an Indian village appears here on
        the Comberford map, 1657. Tyancoka Creek appears on the Collett map, 1770,
        at this location, and the spelling Tincoco and Tiancoco are used on other
        maps."
        I suppose the bridge crossed over the creek at some point. Hope this helps.

        Julian Byrd

        Searching BYRD, BROADHURST, BOWDEN,CARR,BRYAN, SLOAN,MALPASS,TYNDALL
        > be overseer of the Road from Tyancoca Bridge to Braswells Mill Creek
        >
        > There is no Tyancoca Bridge in Edgecombe County so I thought I'd try
        > here.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Faye

        if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research.

      • jonefa
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2007
          I'm looking for a bridge that was over "Otter's Creek near Falkland" during the years 1861-1865. Does anyone know where this was?

          Faye Hays

        • Trish Worthington Cobb
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2007
            Otter's Creek in Edgecombe County is sometimes known as Autrey's
            Creek. I think Otter is probably the original name.
            Not sure where the bridge was, but I would think somewhere in the
            vicinity of Otter's Creek Church, possibly near the Pitt County line.

            Trish

            On Sep 19, 2007, at 8:20 PM, jonefa wrote:

            > I'm looking for a bridge that was over "Otter's Creek near
            > Falkland" during the years 1861-1865. Does anyone know where this was?
            >
            > Faye Hays

          • jonefa
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2007
              That would place it even closer to the families associated with Otter's Creek...thanks, I appeciate the answer.
              Faye