Re: [genpcncfir] Alexander Lockerman

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2001
      Found the account below that you might find interesting.
      Date: Sun Aug 17 1997
      All I know about my TN connection for Andrew J. Nash was that he was suppose
      to have been born there in 1809 according to the census. Can someone help me
      place him in the correct TN county? My maternal 3rd. great grandfather is
      Andrew Jackson NASH b. 1809 TN, d.23 Jun 1854 Macoupin Co., IL, married 1.
      Mary Polly MISENHEIMER (dau. of John MISENHEIMER & Mary FOGLEMAN). He
      married 2. Mrs. Pacify Tinsey MANN and had son Francis (Frank) Marion Nash).
      Andrew and Mary had the following children: 1. John M. b. 1832 IL 2. Robert
      Franklin 1835 IL-1901 TX, m.29 Sept1859 in IL to Sarah POTTS 3. Andrew J.
      1840 IL-1923 IL, m.1878 to Sarah TAYLOR 4. William J. 1842 IL -1884 IL, m.
      1867 IL to Frances Jane OWEN (these are my 2nd. great grandparents). Andrew
      Jackson NASH might have been married before he married Mary MISENHEIMER as
      there was a Sarah NASH who m. 1849 in IL to Robert HILL. There was also a
      Martha NASH who m.1850 IL to James A. OUTLAW. On the 1830 census of
      Montgomery Co., IL, was listed Andrew NASH as male 20/30 yrs, 1 female under
      5, one female 5/10 and one female 20/30. In 1853, Andrew was indicted for
      the murder of Alexander LOCKERMAN. Andrew and LOCKERMAN were drunk at a July
      4th picnic and there was a fight. Andrew stabbed LOCKERMAN and left for 2
      years. He was found in AR and brought back to IL for the trial. He was found
      guilty and was suppose to hang. His sentences was commuted to life in prison
      but there was a riot and he was killed.

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC
      http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/9883

      From: "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@...>
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] My Brickwall
      Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:50:17 -0500

      Found the children below for Reason Lockerman and Jane Tew at
      www.familysearch.org, the LDS site.
      1. Molcy M. LOCKERMAN - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Birth: 1830 Of, Sampson, North Carolina

      2. Sally LOCKERMAN - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Birth: 1833 Of, Sampson, North Carolina

      3. Lovet LOCKERMAN - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: M Birth: 1834 Of, Sampson, North Carolina

      4. Daniel LOCKERMAN - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: M Birth: 1836 Of, Sampson, North Carolina

      5. Reason LOCKERMAN - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: M Birth: 1838 Of, Sampson, North Carolina

      6. Alexander LOCKERMAN - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: M Birth: 1840 Of, Sampson, North Carolina

      7. Moses LOCKERMAN - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: M Birth: 1842 Of, Sampson, North Carolina

      8. Dougald LOCKERMAN - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: M Birth: 1847 Of, Sampson, North Carolina

      From: Cheryl A Jones <cherylannjones@...>
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [genpcncfir] My Brickwall
      Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:12:41 -0400

      I have two Brick walls that I've been working for 5+ years.

      1. Am seeking information on Reason Lockamy/Lockerman who's son
      (Lovett) served in the Civil War. Reason is believed to have been born
      about 1800 in or near Pitt Couty or Sampson County, NC. He married Jane
      Tew, daughter of John Tew from Dauphin County.

      2. Am seeking information on Whitmell/Whittmore Price who was
      born circa 1800 in either Halifax County or Edgecombe County. Whit
      married Julia Sorey, daughter of Willowby Sorey.

      Any help, suggestions, ideas, or information is greatly appreciated.

      Cheryl