Re: [genpcncfir] RIVES

  • Linda B Boyette
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2001
      Jewelle Baker wrote:

      > >From: linda_boyette@...
      > At 06:26 PM 9/4/01 +0000, you wrote:
      > >I am trying to find the grave of John Gaston Rives who was married to
      > >Martha Amanda (Mattie) Tyson. We heard he might be buried with a
      > >Forbes Family (her family) outside of Greenville. I can not find his
      > >death certificate. We went to the graveyard and it had been moved to
      > >build a by-pass. Can anyone tell me where the graves were moved that
      > >were a few miles outside of Greenville on Hwy 43 going toward
      > >Falkland? Also if there is a list of who might have been buried
      > >there.
      >
      > Linda...
      > Do you have dates to go with the names??? It would
      > facilitate an
      > easier search for one to help.
      > Jewelle
      >
      > jewelle@...
      > Main Surnames:
      > BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
      > McGLAWHORN (all sp), WINGATE, +++

      John Gaston Rives Jr. was born June 24, 1854 and died February 21,
      1922. We found this information in a family bible. We can not find a
      death certificate in Pitt, Edgecombe or Raleigh's archives. His wife,
      Mattie Tyson Rives' death certificate says she was buried in Greenville,
      NC. She was born December 1, 1866 and died July 22, 1937. I would
      really love to find their graves.

      Thanks, Linda

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > [Lose 20 lbs by November 5th]

      > group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research.

      Linda B Boyette, C.F.C.S.
      Family and Consumer Education Agent, Bertie County
      North Carolina State University
      College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
      North Carolina Cooperative Extension , Bertie Center
      PO Box 280
      Windsor, NC 27983
      E-Mail : linda_boyette@...
      Phone : (252) 794-5319