Please Read

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2001
      Hello Group!!
      So sorry the SPAMMER slipped one over on us!!!

      As you are aware, we changed our Open Posting Policy in 1999 to
      Only Members Can Post in order to eliminate unwanted and offensive
      SPAM. We have been extremely fortunate as we've only had two (including
      this recent one) to slip through since then.
      They joined our Group first... then posted their mail.
      I have unsubscribed, banned, and notified Yahoo Groups re: the offense. I,
      also, deleted the message and responses from our Archives. I hope this
      meets with your approval!

      The HACKER's and SPAMMER's are getting more sophisticated
      everyday. When we respond to their eMail... even to object... or to our
      Group and include their message, we keep perpetuating their garbage!!
      In the future... should this happen again ... (and it can... to ANY List
      or private person) ... just hit your delete button.
      If it comes through our Group (or any eMail List) ...
      don't respond to the Group/List ... notify the Group Moderator (me for
      GENPCNCFIR) with your dissatisfaction and it will be addressed. If it
      comes to you just thru private mail... DELETE without responding. By
      responding to sender only verify's your address and then you really will
      be inundated with SPAM!!!! Do forward a copy of the offending post to
      the ISP address of the sender. IE: SPAM-help@___________

      Thanks, Group, for your patience and understanding.
      Have a good weekend. Keep your genealogy queries and responses coming!!
      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      Main Surnames:
      BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,