[genpcfr] Re:Chronicles of Pitt County

  • Everettcj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 23, 1999
      Is "Sketches of Pitt County" the same as "Chronicles of Pitt County"?

      Back in October I contacted Higginson Books - they specialize in out-of-print
      books and custom-make them. They DO have available "Sketches of Pitt County".
      You can order with a credit card via e-mail, phone (978-745-7170), or fax
      (978-745-8025). Or you can send a check with your order to 148 Washington
      St., PO Box 778, Salem, MA 01970

      If this is the right book, I plan to order a copy ... someday!

      Carol Riner Everett

    • Levis A Churchill
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 23, 1999
        Sketches of Pitt County is a revised printing of one done by King in the
        1920 era. It has prominent biographies, but in no way has the genealogical
        info the Chronicles. However, the latest revision is in soft back and is
        indexed and you might like to have a copy.
        >Is "Sketches of Pitt County" the same as "Chronicles of Pitt County"?
        >
        >Back in October I contacted Higginson Books - they specialize in
        out-of-print
        >books and custom-make them. They DO have available "Sketches of Pitt
        County".
        >You can order with a credit card via e-mail, phone (978-745-7170), or fax
        >(978-745-8025). Or you can send a check with your order to 148 Washington
        >St., PO Box 778, Salem, MA 01970
        >
        >If this is the right book, I plan to order a copy ... someday!
        >
        > Carol Riner Everett

        >eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/genpcfr

      • Linda Harris
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 24, 1999
          Linda F. Harris
          lfh@...
          770 578 0105
          researching: garris, bergernon, lang, cannon, wilson, roundtree, andrews,
          wallace, keel, lanier
          do not believ that they are the same book
          ----------

          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 24, 1999
            working on the ancestor of Elisha Henry Garris. ancestral chart follows

            Ancestors of Elisha Henry GARRIS - 25 Jan 1999
            ---

            FIRST GENERATION

            1. Elisha Henry GARRIS was born on 9 May 1901 in Pitt Co., NC. He died on
            28 Mar 1985 in Pitt Co., NC. He was buried in Greenville, NC.

            SECOND GENERATION

            2. Elias B. GARRIS was born on 9 Dec 1874 in Pitt Co., NC. He died on 16
            Sep 1956 in Pitt Co., NC. He was buried in Greenville, NC. He was married
            to Mary Lillian (Molly) LANG on 23 Aug 1898 in Pitt Co., NC.

            3. Mary Lillian (Molly) LANG was born on 11 Nov 1882 in Pitt Co., NC. She
            died on 4 Oct 1960 in Pitt Co., NC. She was buried in Greenville, NC.
            Elias B. GARRIS and Mary Lillian (Molly) LANG had the following children:

            i. hubert Elias GARRIS was born on 16 Jul 1899 in Pitt Co., NC. He died
            on 12 May 1988 in Pitt Co., NC. He was buried in Greenville, NC.
            1 ii. Elisha Henry GARRIS.
            iii. Carey B. GARRIS was born on 6 Jun 1917 in Pitt Co., NC. He died on
            25 Jul 1985 in Pitt Co., NC. He was buried in Greenville, NC.

            THIRD GENERATION

            4. Asa GARRIS was born on 20 Mar 1846 in Pitt Co., NC. He signed a will
            on 22 Jan 1904 in Pitt Co., NC. I Asa Garis, of contentnea Township, Pitt
            co., NC, beintg of sound mind and memory do hereby make and declard this to
            be my last will and testament and desire that my ex shall divide and
            partition my real and personal property as wellas all my other property
            according tothe direction in the several items below numbered and given:

            Item 1 I desire that my wf Anna E. Garris shall have her dower on lot no
            l in my home tract of land shown by the plot hereto attached. I also give
            and bequeath to her one holf of all my household and kitchen furniture,
            aone half of all crop and one holf of all horses, cattle, hogs and stock of
            any kind and one hold of all farming utensiss and one half of ll personal
            property on my farm the home place

            Item 2 I give , devise and bequeath to my son Louis C Garris lot no 2 in
            the plot of my land, it being 31 a more or less and 125 dollars of money to
            be pd by my ex and of the funds in her hands.

            Item 3 I give divise and bequeath to my dau Pheddie A Garris and Ella A
            Garris land lot no 5 in the plot of my land as attached hereto containing
            56 a more or less and 125 dollars each in money to be pd by my ex

            Item 4 I give devise and bequeath to my sons Amos L Garris and Grover C
            Garris lot no 1 in the plot of my land contaning 96 a more or less and
            being the same tract named in item 1, also town lots no 17, and 20 in the
            plot of littlefield hereto attached and 1/2 of all my household and kitchen
            furnitureand 1/2 of all crops, horses, cattle, hogs and stock of any
            kindand 1/2 of all my personal property on the farm athe half herein named
            being the other half of the personally bequeathed in item 1. They shall
            pay to my ex for my estate 175 dollars each before receivin the benefits
            under this will

            Item 5 I give and devise and bequeath to Susan E Beddard, John W. Garris,
            Louis C Garris, Pheddie A Garris, Ella A Garris, Amos L Garris, and Grover
            C Garris, lot no 6 in my home tract containing 38 a more or less each to
            have 1/7 interest in said lot.

            Item 6 The share of my property which my children Susan E Beddard, lanie A
            Garris, AE Garris, EB Garris, John #W Garris, Nehemiah Garris, Pinnie L
            Hart would have been entitled to at my death other than the lot mentioned
            in item 5 as lot no 6 I have conveyed to them by deed of gift as all they
            are ever to receive except the shares of lot no 6 above mentioned. out of
            or from my estate

            Item 7 I do hereby name and appoint my wf Ann E Garris as my ex to carry
            out the provisions herein contained. In witnesswhereof I asa Garris do
            hereto set my hand and seal this 22 day of January 1904

            Wit: JR Smith,. JA Davis He died on 29 Jan 1907 in Pitt Co., NC. He was
            buried in Pitt Co., NC. A SUSAN SMITH LIVED WITH THEM SHE WAS 65 IN 1870
            He was married to Annie Eliza SMITH on 14 Oct 1866 in Pitt Co., NC.
            marriage records pitt co com part b p 29 lists her as ann eliza cannon, md
            by oliver harper, dd

            5. Annie Eliza SMITH was born on 9 Mar 1846 in Pitt Co., NC. She died on
            19 Mar 1921 in Pitt Co., NC. She was buried in Pitt Co., NC. DO NOT KNOW
            IF SHE WAS THE DAU OF THE MARY CANNON THAT MARRIED LEWIS MUMFORD.

            deathe certificate states her father as Cammeron Smith and her mothe as
            Mary Smith. She used the name of Cannon Asa GARRIS and Annie Eliza SMITH
            had the following children:

            i. Pennie L. GARRIS was born on 31 Oct 1867 in Pitt Co., NC. She died on
            25 May 1947 in Pitt Co., NC.
            ii. Susan Estella GARRIS was born on 27 Mar 1869 in Pitt Co., NC. She
            died on 2 May 1958 in Pitt Co., NC. She was buried in ayden, nc.
            iii. Lanie A. GARRIS was born on 7 Sep 1871 in Pitt Co., NC. She died on
            16 Nov 1957 in Pitt Co., NC. She was buried in ayden, nc.
            iv. Asa Edward GARRIS was born on 28 Feb 1873 in Pitt Co., NC. He died
            on 8 Jan 1918 in Pitt Co., NC. He was buried in ayden, nc.
            2 v. Elias B. GARRIS.
            vi. Nehemiah E. GARRIS was born on 20 Dec 1876 in Pitt Co., NC. He died
            on 15 Jan 1951 in Pitt Co., NC. He was buried in Greenville, NC.
            vii. John William Marvin GARRIS was born on 12 Dec 1878 in Pitt Co., NC.
            He died on 22 Jun 1955. He was buried in Greenville, NC.
            viii. Lewis Cornelus GARRIS was born on 30 Apr 1881 in Pitt Co., NC. He
            died on 15 Mar 1965 in Pitt Co., NC. He was buried in ayden, nc.
            ix. Pheddie Alice GARRIS was born on 16 Mar 1883 in Pitt Co., NC. She
            died on 6 Aug 1965. She was buried in ayden, nc.
            x. Ella Annie Eliza GARRIS was born on 13 Jan 1885 in Pitt Co., NC. She
            died on 24 Dec 1952 in Wilson, NC. She was buried in ayden, nc.
            xi. Amos Leon GARRIS was born on 10 Oct 1886 in Pitt Co., NC. He died on
            29 Dec 1969 in Pitt Co., NC. He was buried in Greenville, NC.
            xii. Grover Cleveland GARRIS was born on 29 Jan 1887 in Pitt Co., NC. He
            died on 28 May 1956 in Lenior Co., NC. He was buried in ayden, nc.

            6. Elisha LANG was born on 6 Oct 1848 in Pitt Co., NC. He died on 6 Oct
            1909 in Pitt Co., NC. He was married to Josephine Sidney WILSON in Pitt
            Co., NC.

            7. Josephine Sidney WILSON was born in Nov 1849 in Pitt Co., NC. She died
            on 1 Jun 1926 in Pitt Co., NC. Elisha LANG and Josephine Sidney WILSON had
            the following children:

            i. JOHNNY EDWARD LANG was born on 7 Sep 1879 in Pitt Co., NC. He died on
            20 Feb 1930 in Pitt Co., NC.
            3 ii. Mary Lillian (Molly) LANG.
            iii. W. Henry LANG was born on 20 Dec 1883 in Pitt Co., NC. He died on
            25 Aug 1939.

            FOURTH GENERATION

            8. Nehemiah GARRIS I was born in 1790 in Dobbs Co., NC. He died in 1862
            in Littlefield, Pitt, NC. He signed a will on 18 Aug 1862 in Pitt Co., NC.
            will bk no 1 p 137 pitt co
            Wit: E.J. Blount, Francis Harper, and J.b. Marrian

            I nehemiah Garris of the Co and state above mentioned being of sound and
            disposing mind and memory but considering the uncertainty of my earthly
            existence do make, declare, and publish this my last will and testament in
            manner and form as follows.

            Item 1 That my Ex herein after named shall provide a decent burial for
            my body asuitable to the wishes of my relations nad frineds and pay the
            expenses of the same together with all my just depts out of my first monees
            that may come into his hands belonging to my estate.

            Item 2 I gie and bequeath to my dearly beloved wf Susan Garris one half
            of my crop, stock, and provisions on hd and parishionable property of every
            description that may be on had at my death my debts firs being pd out o the
            whole of my crop, stock and provisions ot her and her heirs forever. I
            also leave to her during her natural life all that part of my land on the
            east side of Back Swamp including the houses on the tract herein after made
            and the privilege of fire wood and rail timber and 2 negroes, Sam and
            Jinsy.

            Item 3 I gie and bequeath to my son, Nehum Garris, one hundred and
            seventy A on land more or less known as the Tucker tract on which said
            nehum now lives and 2 negroes, to wit: Shade and hollern and their future
            increase to him and his heirs forever and the said Nehum is to pay 50
            dollars in current money to Sarah Dail.

            Item 4 I give and bequeath to my dau Sarah Dail one hundred a of land
            where she now lives to her and her heirs forever.

            Item 5 I give and bequeath to my dau Malvina Stocks 35 a of land known
            asthe Dennis Cannon land on which she now lives and Chany, Cesar and after
            the death of my wf Jinsy and her future increase to her and her heirs
            forever and she is to pay the sum of 50 dollars in current money to Sarah
            dail

            Item 6 I give and bequeath to my son, John B Garris , all that part of
            the tract of land on which I now live north of the crop fence the dividing
            line to run parallel with the crop fence from Harper's line to Brown's
            lindand negroes Cloie, Councik, Green, Frank, Willie, and Fanny and their
            future increase to him and his heirs forever. And he the said John, is to
            papy the sum of 75 dollars to Sarah Dail

            Item 7 I give and bequeath to my dau Susan Branch the following negroes
            to will: Moriah, Jordein, and Elenor and their future increase to her and
            her heirs forever and she is to pay to sarah dail the sum of 50 dollars in
            current money

            Item 8 I give and bequeath to my son Asa Garris all tht part of the tract
            of on which I now live south of the crop fence subject to the dower herein
            before given to my wf and the negroses Harriet, Sina, Mary, Joseph, Celia,
            and Cornelius and their future increase, and Sam after the death of my wf
            and the crop, stock, provisions, and parishioable praperty after paying my
            debts out of the same to be equally divided between himand my wf to him and
            his heirs forever and he is to pay to Sarah Dail the sum of 75 dollars in
            current money

            And lastly, I do hereby constitute and appont any worthy son John Ba Garris
            any Executor to execute this my last will and testament according tothe
            intent and meaning of the same give under my hand and seal this 18th day of
            Aug 1862

            Wit: E. J. Blount, Francis harper, JB Manning He was buried in
            Littlefield, Pitt, NC. Pitt co records show that (deed bk CC p 331) John
            Garris, father of Nehemiah bought 357.5 A from Joseph Jackson for $600.00
            adj Elisha Griffin, Sally cannon, Alexander Harper, and cullan Lathan and
            was wit by Nehemiah Garris. This land is located int ehs southeastern
            portion of Pitt in the area that is now called Littlefield Abt one year
            after that transaction, in Deed bk DD pa90 PittCo dated 2-22-1823, John
            Garris deeds to Nehemiah Garris 357.5 a for the sum of $600.00 adj Joseph
            harris, Sally Cannon, elsha Griffin, Edward Sturdivant, and Jessie harris
            and was wit by Josiah Meeks and Matthew Manning He was married to Susan
            BOWDEN in NC.

            9. Susan BOWDEN was born in 1803. She died in 1892 in Pitt Co., NC. She
            was buried in Pitt Co., NC. Nehemiah GARRIS I and Susan BOWDEN had the
            following children:

            i. John B. GARRIS was born on 4 Dec 1835 in Littlefield, Pitt, NC. He
            died on 9 Dec 1884 in Littlefield, Pitt, NC. He was buried in Littlefield,
            Pitt, NC. pitt co marriage bk pt b p 29
            md by william t bilbro
            ii. Tipsey GARRIS was born about 1837 in Littlefield, Pitt, NC.
            iii. Frederick GARRIS was born about 1841 in Littlefield, Pitt, NC. He
            died CHILD in Littlefield, Pitt, NC.
            iv. Susan GARRIS was born on 21 Mar 1841 in Littlefield, Pitt, NC. She
            died on 30 Nov 1916 in Pitt Co., NC. She was buried in Pitt Co., NC.
            v. Pheddie GARRIS was born between 1842 and 1844 in Pitt Co., NC.
            vi. Jesse GARRIS was born between 1843 and 1845 in Littlefield, Pitt, NC.
            He died CHILD in Littlefield, Pitt, NC.
            4 vii. Asa GARRIS.

            10. Cameron SMITH was born about 1826 in NC. He was born in NC. He was
            married to MARY CANNON.

            11. MARY CANNON was born in 1813 in Pitt Co., NC. 1850 pitt co census
            records

            abram smith 24
            mary smith 37
            ann eliza smith 4
            srah cannon 33
            andres cannon 25 m
            sophia cannon 16 f
            Cameron SMITH and MARY CANNON had the following children:

            5 i. Annie Eliza SMITH.

            12. John LANG was born in 1815 in Pitt Co., NC. He was married to Polly
            STOX (STOCKS) in Pitt Co., NC. eLISHA Lang is probably the emirgrant from
            GERMANY

            13. Polly STOX (STOCKS) was born in 1814 in Pitt Co., NC. She died
            between 1850 and 1860. John LANG and Polly STOX (STOCKS) had the following
            children:

            i. JANE E LANG was born in 1839 in Pitt Co., NC.
            ii. Sami E. LANG was born in 1839 in Pitt Co., NC. He died before 1850
            in Pitt Co., NC.
            iii. James B. LANG was born in 1841 in Pitt Co., NC.
            iv. John LANG was born on 31 Mar 1843 in Pitt Co., NC. He died on 30 Sep
            1914 in Pitt Co., NC. listed as jonathan in md records
            v. Mary LANG was born in 1846 in Pitt Co., NC.
            vi. Sidney L. LANG was born in 1847 in Pitt Co., NC.
            6 vii. Elisha LANG.

            14. NOAH (NASHVILLE)) WILSON was born in 1816 in Pitt Co., NC. He was
            married to Drucilla in NC. A LOVEY WILSON AGE 84 IN 1870, A STEVEN KNIGHT
            AGE 81 IN 1870 LIVED WITH THEM

            15. Drucilla was born in 1824 in NC. NOAH (NASHVILLE)) WILSON and
            Drucilla had the following children:

            i. ELIZABETH WILSON was born in 1838 in Pitt Co., NC.
            ii. AGRESTAR WILSON was born in 1843 in Pitt Co., NC.
            iii. S.V. WILSON was born in 1845 in Pitt Co., NC.
            iv. EDWARD WILSON was born in 1848 in Pitt Co., NC.
            v. MARY WILSON was born in 1850 in Pitt Co., NC.
            7 vi. Josephine Sidney WILSON.
            vii. MARTHA WILSON was born in 1854 in Pitt Co., NC.
            viii. WILLIAM C WILSON was born on 8 Jul 1856 in Pitt Co., NC. He died
            on 18 Dec 1935 in Pitt Co., NC.
            ix. JOHN WILSON was born in 1858 in Pitt Co., NC.
            x. GEORGE WILSON was born in 1852 in Pitt Co., NC.
            xi. GUILFORD WILSON was born in 1853 in Pitt Co., NC.
            xii. ELIZA E WILSON was born in 1858 in Pitt Co., NC.
            xiii. CARRNE L WILSON was born in Pitt Co., NC.

            FIFTH GENERATION

            16. John GARRIS was born about 1758 in VA. He died after 1822. He was
            married to Elizabeth BERGERON in VA.

            17. Elizabeth BERGERON was born about 1760. John GARRIS and Elizabeth
            BERGERON had the following children:

            i. GARRIS was born about 1773 in NC.
            ii. Lewis GARRIS was born between 1775 and 1785 in Dobbs Co., NC. He
            died in Aug 1849. He resided green co., nc.
            iii. William GARRIS was born about 1801 in Dobbs Co., NC.
            8 iv. Nehemiah GARRIS I.

            18. Isaac White BOWDEN was born about 1780 in Green Co., Nc. He died
            about 1847 in Pitt Co., NC. He signed a will. White Bowden Division in
            Lands to his heirs b LL p 421

            4-20-1847

            lists the following heirs: Nehemiah and susan Garris, sarah Ann e Garvy,
            Nathan Bowden. and William Moye guardian for minor heirs

            He was married to Elizabeth or Sarah RIDDLE in NC.

            19. Elizabeth or Sarah RIDDLE was born in 1783 in Pitt Co., NC. She died
            after 1850 in Pitt Co., NC. B LL pa 248

            Nehemiah Garris lay off and alot to elizabeth Bowden her dower and thirds
            in according to he following mets and bounds,......

            3-13-1846 Isaac White BOWDEN and Elizabeth or Sarah RIDDLE had the
            following children:

            9 i. Susan BOWDEN.
            ii. Nancy BOWDEN was born in 1814. She died on 10 Dec 1885.
            iii. NATHAN BOWDEN was born in 1809 in Green Co., Nc. living with george
            l blount and his wf jemimah cannon in 1850
            iv. SARAH ANN E BOWDEN was born in Green Co., Nc.

            22. CANNON. He was married. CANNON had the following children:

            11 i. MARY CANNON.
            ii. SARAH CANNON was born in 1817 in Pitt Co., NC.
            iii. ANDERS E CANNON was born in 1825 in Pitt Co., NC.
            iv. SOPHIA CANNON was born in 1834 in Pitt Co., NC.

            24. ELISHA LANG was born in germany. He was married. ELISHA LANG had the
            following children:

            12 i. John LANG.
            ii. ELISHA LANG was born in 1820 in Pitt Co., NC.

            28. JONAS WILSON was born in 1790 in NC. He was married. JONAS WILSON
            had the following children:

            14 i. NOAH (NASHVILLE)) WILSON.

            SIXTH GENERATION

            32. Amos GARRIS IV was born about 1735 in Southampton Co., VA. He died
            BET 1771/1772 in Brunswick Co., VA. robert dean and wf mary sold to amos
            garris 80 a for 20 lbs, wit amos garris, lewis dupree, haley dupree
            5-16-1755 brunswick co., va

            1-6-1761 amos garris jr of brunswick co , va and wf elizabeth sold same
            tract for 35 lbs to james haley wit: amos garris sr, joseph parks (who md
            one of the girls) amd moses reves

            1-12-1782 greenville co., va widow elizabeth garris marries haley dupree

            received the info on catherine from wayne garris. do not know if she was
            a wf of this amos or not nor do I know which children belonged to which wf.
            He was married to Elizabeth in VA.

            33. Elizabeth was born about 1735 in VA. va marriages 1700-1799 v 1
            showes marriage to haley dupree and states that eliz was a widow. Amos
            GARRIS IV and Elizabeth had the following children:

            i. Joseph GARRIS.
            ii. Joseph II GARRIS was born in VA.
            iii. Luch GARRIS was born in VA.
            iv. George GARRIS was born in VA.
            v. Cresy GARRIS was born in VA.
            vi. nancy GARRIS was born in VA.
            vii. Payy GARRIS was born in VA.
            viii. Milly GARRIS was born in VA.
            ix. Elizabeth GARRIS was born about 1755 in VA.
            x. Henry GARRIS was born on 2 Dec 1756 in VA. He died in 1835.
            16 xi. John GARRIS.
            xii. Thomas GARRIS was born about 1758 in VA.
            xiii. Hardy GARRIS was born about 1759 in VA.
            xiv. Levern GARRIS was born about 1745 in VA. She was born in 1761 in
            VA.
            xv. Celia GARRIS was born about 1748 in VA. She was born in 1763 in VA.
            xvi. James GARRIS was born in 1765 in VA. He died in Jan 1812. margaret
            s bee at <huff_reunion@...>
            xvii. Sally GARRIS was born about 1753. She died about 1753.
            xviii. hannah GARRIS was born in VA. She died in VA. She died.

            34. Elias BERGERON was born on 27 Jan 1717 in NY,NY. 1-7-1764 granted
            land in pitt co onthe south side of Little Contentney Cr on bothe sides of
            the fork of Swamp land bounded by Bergeron's and John Ward's lines (D Bk B
            p 537)

            Since John and Michael received adjoining land in Beaufort deeds from there
            father, john , this land would also have been very near to Michael. He was
            married to Zilpha WARD.

            35. Zilpha WARD was born before 1740 in NC. the surname of ward is a
            guess. Elias BERGERON and Zilpha WARD had the following children:

            17 i. Elizabeth BERGERON.
            ii. elias BERGERON was born in NY.
            iii. JOHN BERGERON.

            SEVENTH GENERATION

            64. Amos GARRIS III was born about 1701 in Northampton Co., VA. He signed
            a will in 1761 in Northammpton Co., VA. He signed a will on 10 Feb 1771 in
            Southampton Co., VA. 3-14-1771 presented by John Sturgeon, the ex,

            In the name of God Amen, I Amos Garris of South Hamption Co., being in a
            low state of health but in perfect senceadn menmory, knowing the
            uncertainty of life do make and appoint this to be my last will and
            testament in manner and from form as follows:

            First and principally, I recommend my soul to god that gave it me and my
            ody to be decently buried at the discretion of y ex hereafter appointed and
            for what worldy estate it hath pleased the Lord to bestow one, I dispose of
            in manner following:

            I give and bequeath to one William Garris son of Joshua Garris and his
            heirs and asyns forever all my right and title to a certain tract or parcel
            of land I purchased of William Arrington, it lying and being in Northa
            Hamption Co., NC to him and his heirs forever.

            I leave my neg man Will tobe sold at publick sale at C McCudit and the
            money tobe equally divided between Amos, John, Joshua, Benjamin and Hannah
            Garris and Susannah Dupree, the wf of Haley Dupree, to them and their heirs
            forever.

            My wioll and desire is that all my goods and chattles of all kinds
            whatsoever not heretofore mentioned to be sold immediately after my death
            as soon as possible at publick sale with McCudit, the purchasors giving
            bond and security and the money arising thereon after my just depts and
            funeral charges are defined , to be equally divided between Ammos, John ,
            Joshua Garris, Susannah Dupree and Lidia Garris, the dau of Hannah Garis,
            to be pd to Lidia Garris when she come to the age of 15 or md and I appoint
            my son John Garris, John Sturgen my whold and sole ex of this my last will
            and testament, invoking and disanulling all other wills period by me made
            before.

            As witness my hand andseal this 2-15-1771. I desire my estate not to be
            appraised/ Signed, sealed and delivered inthe presentce of

            Wit: Simon harris, William Bowers, William harrison He died in Mar 1771 in
            Southampton Co., VA. 375 a in IOW side of Maherin River of south side of
            Flat SW adj John Scot, Thomas Simmons land of Capt Benjamin Howard dec'd.
            Frances Sarhp and Robert Deans land 9-17-1731 P 348

            Amos Garris, Jr., planter, for 35 # paid by james haley, conveying 80 A as
            by patent dated 1745. Indenture dated the 6th day of Jamuary 1761 Signed
            by Amos Garris and Elizabeth GArris
            Wit: Amos Garris, Sr, Joseph Parks, and Moaes Rives Indenture and
            memorandum of Livery of Seizin were acknowledged in court on 7-27-1761 by
            Amos Garris D Bk 6 p 715

            Cavaliers adn Pioneers p 179

            Amos Garress, 20 A IOW on north side of Meherin River adj Hugh Norvell
            patent bk 14 p 409

            Amos Garriss, 375 a IOW north side of Maherin River of South side of Flat
            SW adj John Scot, Tjomas Simmons land of Capt Benjamin Howard dec'd.
            Francis Sahrp and Robert Deans land 9-17-1731 p 348

            I Amos Garris, Jr, planter, for 35# pd by James Haley, conveying 80 a asby
            patent dated 1745. Indentured dated 1-6-1761
            signed: Amos Garris and Elizabeth Garris
            Wit: Amos Garris, Sr, Joseph Parkd, and Moses Rivers
            Indenture and memorandum of delivery os Seizin were acknowledged in ct on
            7-17-1761 by Amos Garris
            deed bk 6 p 715

            Nugents p 179
            Amos Garress, 20 a IOW on N side of Meherin River adj Hung NOrfell
            patent bk 14 p 409

            lived in IOW before moving to southamption co va He was married to
            Elizabeth SHARP before 1730 in Virginia.

            65. Elizabeth SHARP was born about 1715 in VA. She died about 1765 in
            Southampton Co., VA. Amos GARRIS III and Elizabeth SHARP had the following
            children:

            32 i. Amos GARRIS IV.
            ii. John GARRIS was born in 1737 in Southampton Co., VA. He died in Feb
            1800 in Northampton Co., NC. He signed a will on 11 Feb 1800 in
            Northammpton Co., VA. probated 6-1800 Northamption co NC

            Will of John GARRIS

            I john Garris of Northampton Co and state of North Carolina being sick
            and weak of body but of sound memory and in my perfect sences and calling
            to mind such estate or has pleased the almighty to bless me with to dispose
            of the land in names and forms as follows

            First It is my will and desire that all my last debts and funeral
            expenses be discharged and paid by my excutors here after names

            Item I Give and bequesth to my son Henry Grris the land I bought Samuel
            Davis and also a peace of land contained in the following boundries
            beginning at a large pine in the mouth a small dry bottom north the side of
            the residence to his ; the along said pathe to the line of the land I
            bought of said Davis to him…..

            Item II leave to my laving wf Isabel Garris all the remaining part of
            my land and plantation whereon I now live during her natural life and give
            her one pewter dish four plates and one bason and one linen whul and one
            wooling wheel, one bed and firnature one sorrell horse and sow and piggys
            and tow saddles to her and at her disposal

            Item III I give to my dau Hannah Garris one third of the priviledges of
            my dwelling housesand such priveleged of land for garden cotton and
            potatoes as she my need during her natural life or until marriage. I give
            her one blue shirt and one bed and firnature and one white sow and piggs

            Item IV I leave all my stock of cattle to be equally divided between my
            loving wf Isabel Garris and my children hereafter named Joseph, Lusey,
            Hannah, George, Crissey, and Nancy to them and their heirs

            Item V I give and bequesth to my son George Garris the land and
            plantation I now live after his mother life

            Item VII I give and abequesath to my dau Seley Gay, 5 shillings to her
            and her heirs

            Item VIII I give and bequeath to my dau Patty Davis 5 sheillings to her
            and her heirs

            I hereby void all former wills and appoint this to be my last will and
            testament and nominate my loving wf isabel Garris and my friend Etherled
            Martin, Excutrix and Executor to this my will. In witess whereof I have
            here onto set my havnd and affixed my live this the day of February 1, 1800

            John Garriss
            Etherald parks
            Samuel Edeards
            William Edwards
            He was born in northammpton Co., nc.
            iii. Joshua GARRIS was born between 1737 and 1740 in Southampton Co., VA.
            He died in 1810 in Wayne Co., NC.
            iv. Benjamin GARRIS was born about 1740 in Southampton Co., VA. He died
            between 1809 and 1819 in Muhlenberg Co., KY.
            v. Hannah GARRIS was born about 1744 in Southampton Co., VA. She died
            before 12 Mar 1772 in Southampton Co., VA.
            vi. Susannah (ELIZABETH) GARRIS was born in 1745 in Southampton Co., VA.

            68. JACQUES (JAMES) BERGERON signed a will on 25 Dec 1727 in northampton
            co., va. probated 6-12-1728 nuncup p 138
            wife Judith.
            children to be taken care of
            Witt: oliver Hubert Dekranniveett
            Judith Bergeron qualified.

            He died after 25 Dec 1727 in Northampton Co., VA. He was born in
            TORIGNY, POITOU, FRANCE. witness of will dekrannivent and oliver hubert
            He was married to JUDITH PELETAN.

            69. JUDITH PELETAN signed a will on 14 Nov 1742 in Beaufort Co, .NC. She
            died after 14 Nov 1742 in Beaufort Co, .NC. She was born in TORIGNY,
            POITOU, FRANCE. JACQUES (JAMES) BERGERON and JUDITH PELETAN had the
            following children:

            i. PIEREE BERGERON was born on 25 Sep 1707 in BRISTOL,ENGLAND.
            ii. JUDITH BERGERON was born on 12 Oct 1708 in BRISTOL,ENGLAND.
            iii. JEAN BERGERON was born on 24 Feb 1712 in NY, NY.
            iv. ANNE BERGERON was born on 17 Jan 1714 in NY, NY.
            v. JEAN BERGERON was born on 27 Mar 1715 in NY,NY.
            34 vi. Elias BERGERON.

            70. Michael WARD was born about 1720 in NC. He died before Feb 1764 in
            NC. He signed a will in Pitt Co., NC. admix of estate given to wife
            Frances on 2-1764 with Elias Bergeron her security When Pitt co was
            created in 1760 the land conveyed to him by his father in Beaufort was now
            in Pitt.

            Liste on tax records with Michael Ward, Jr. John Ward, Samuel Ward, Edward
            and Robert Ward, Thoas is not listed here but is living on the homes place
            still

            71. Frances died after 1764 in Pitt Co., NC. She was born in NC. Michael
            WARD and Frances had the following children:

            i. Thomas WARD was born before 1746 in NC. He died in bertie co nc. He
            resided in bertie co nc. 11-27-1766 Thomas Ward for the love I bear to my
            mother, Frances Ward the hall and manor plantation where my father, Mikel
            Ward lived ans as much woodland as will maintain the said plantating
            durnihg her file to be her third part.
            Witt: David Ward, Elias Bergeron

            was admx of his father and probably the heir and eldest son

            11-28-1766 thomas to his brother John for 20# a tract of land being part
            of the plantation of my father lying on the north side ofLittle Contentne
            Creek 160Wit: Zilpha Bergeron and Elias Bergeron (Deed Bk C p 452 Pitt)
            ii. WARD was born in NC.
            35 iii. Zilpha WARD.
            iv. Michael WARD died about 1772 in Pitt Co., NC. died in colonial
            Military service c 1772 He was born in NC.
            v. David WARD was born in NC.
            vi. John WARD was born in NC. He died in dobbs co nc. 11-28-1766 thomas
            to his brother John for 20# a tract of land being part of the plantation of
            my father lying on the north side ofLittle Contentne Creek 160Wit: Zilpha
            Bergeron and Elias Bergeron (Deed Bk C p 452 Pitt)

            11-26-1777 John Ward of Dobbs to son Solomon Ward 150 A in Pitt co lying
            on the north side of Little Contentna being part of the land which John
            Ward bought of Thomas Ward , for consideration abeing one silver dollar (D
            Bk f p 506 )
            Witt: Elias Bergeron, James Bary, John Ward

            vii. Samuel WARD was born in NC.
            viii. Edward WARD was born in NC.
            ix. Robert WARD was born in NC.

            EIGHTH GENERATION

            128. Amos GARRIS II was born between 1670 and 1675 in Northampton Co., VA.
            He died in 1708 in Northampton Co., VA.

            129. Elizabeth E. was born about 1675 in VA. She signed a will on 27 Dec
            1709 in Northammpton Co., VA. She died in VA. She was buried in VA. Deed
            of Gift

            Know all men by these presont, that I elizabeth Garris of the Co of North
            hamption VA , witness by these present give and grant by this deposition of
            my husband, Amos Garris, deceased, on hend mill and frame and one good
            pewter dish and plate and one midel ware chest to my son Amos Garris, and
            also to my son Thomas Garris, one iron pott of abt 4 or 5 gal and one
            pewter dish and plate now" and one gun and sorde to my son John Garris one
            iron pott and one new pewter dish and plate and one iron spitt and to my
            dau Elizabeth Garris, one iron pott and a new pewter dish and plate and a
            feather bed and bolster and blankets and a rugg and a sheet, and to my dau,
            Martha, i too give one iron pott and pewter dish and plate and also one
            simple ring of gould and one silvor that is at my decease, the ring and
            with the possession of the ring maken this you soo. Remainder me: and I
            also too give 5 head of cattle bred in the 6 sows to raise amongst my five
            children till the least of them shall come tothe yrs of 18 and then to go
            shared amongst them equally with my well beloved freind, Essau Garris and
            Richard Garris to so it

            to any quantity more than ordinarily there for them whom I shall appoint to
            disposition of them and turn it into some other things for the good of my
            children athat any shall think well and for the true performance herself I
            have set my hand the 27th day of December 1709

            wit: EdwardP. Garris, Mary Garris 1-28-1709

            Thou has avoe said deed of gift was acknowledged in open ct of the said ct
            by Elizabeth Garris and now Elizabeth Waterson and by the counseul of her
            new husband Richard Waterson to be her rouht acr and deed to her said
            children and at her reauest and her husband Richard Waterson, itis ordered
            to be reocrded
            test Robert Hawson

            Deedws Wills and c NO 19 1708-1717
            Northamption co p 140 Amos GARRIS II and Elizabeth E. had the following
            children:

            i. Martha GARRIS was born between 1690 and 1710 in Northammpton Co., VA.
            She was born.
            ii. Elizabeth GARRIS was born between 1690 and 1710 in Northammpton Co.,
            VA.
            iii. Thomas GARRIS was born about 1695 in Northammpton Co., VA. He died
            in 1752.
            iv. John GARRIS was born about 1698 in Northammpton Co., VA.
            64 v. Amos GARRIS III.
            vi. Bridget GARRIS was born in 1704 in northammpton Co., nc.
            vii. Lishia Sylvia GARRIS was born in 1705 in VA.
            viii. Sarah GARRIS was born in 1706 in VA.
            ix. Ratchell GARRIS was born in 1707 in VA.

            130. Francis SHARP signed a will on 14 Aug 1738 in isle of wright co., va.
            probated 2-20-1740 b 9 p 115
            witt: Thomas Bell, Wm Evans

            Mentions:
            Children: Francis, John, Jacob, William, and Sarah Sharp, Elizabeth Garris
            and Comfort King
            Others: Young Thoms Smith, John Rice, Taylor, Mr Charles Bins
            Exer Jocob (son)
            wife not mentioned He died before 20 Feb 1740 in isle of wright co., va.
            He was born in Northammpton Co., VA. He was born in northamption co., va.
            He was married to Comfort FITCHITT.

            131. Comfort FITCHITT was born before 26 May 1709 in Northammpton Co., VA.
            Francis SHARP and Comfort FITCHITT had the following children:

            65 i. Elizabeth SHARP.
            ii. William SHARP was born in isle of wright co., va.

            140. John WARD emigrated about 1729 from Norfolk Co., VA to Tyrrel co NC.
            He signed a will on 5 Mar 1748 in tyrrell co., nc. recorded in 1750

            he identifies the grantees of the bearufort co deeds as his children and
            names two more his son david, who was the father of Robert ward of halifax
            co nc and a second dau elizabeth noble.

            Wife is Elizabeth, son Michael, son John, son David, dau Elizabeth Nobel
            and dau Dorcas Overstreet,

            Notes on Will:

            1. To hisdearly beloved wife, eliabeth he left his manner plantation in the
            county of Terryl with all his stock, a negro man named Tom, and all my
            household furniture until the day of her marriage or death

            2. To Michael Ward after death of his wife money which is due by bond from
            Caleb howell of Beaufort Co.

            3. To son, David, he left his home plantation contanining abt 180 A , after
            the death or marriage of his wife.

            5. To dau, Elizabeth Nobel, a plantation of 140 A of land being in Terryl
            Co, on which she now lives, after the death of my said wife, and ten head
            of cattle

            6. To Dorcas Overstreet 100 A on Little Contentna adj John Ward's land.
            (This is in addition to the 165 A to her husband by deed.

            7. The residue of the estate to be equally divided between Michael, John
            and David Ward and Elizabeth Noble.

            Michael and John Ward fr Executors and Witnessed by Griffith Howell, John
            and Elizabeth Butler.

            Two days before the registrarion of the will of John Ward on 5-14-1750
            Cornelius Fitzpatric of that county on 5-12-1750 conveyed to John Wart of
            the same county and state a parcel of land on the north side of Alligator
            Ridge in Tyrrell col commonly called Cow Ridge, 125 A (D Bk 2 p 415 Tyrrell
            co.., NC) He died before 14 May 1750 in tyrell co, . nc. He was born in
            of Norfolk co., VA. had land in Bearufort co on Little contentna Creek the
            firs land grant ot this John ward was made at edeton on 7-26-1743 but he
            was in tyrrell co as early as 1729

            First land grant at Edeton 7-26-1743 refused 9for 500 A in Beaufort co at
            the head of Little contentna Creak

            2-1739 summoned in Tyrrell for jury service

            11-22-1744 in New Bern received patents for 640A in Beaufort co.

            1-28-1747 conveyed 485A in Beaufort co in 3 seperate pareles to John ward,
            Jr., Michael Ward and John Overstreet deed signed by John and his wife
            Elizabeth Ward

            sold land in the Western Branch of Elizabeth River in Norfolk Co dated
            6-14-1728. This is the same land inherited by John from his father, John.
            He was married to Elizabeth MURRAY.

            141. Elizabeth MURRAY was born about 1700 in Bertie Co., NC. Either died
            or remarried by 1754. See will of husband and son David notes John WARD
            and Elizabeth MURRAY had the following children:

            70 i. Michael WARD.
            ii. John WARD died after 15 Oct 1797 in Pitt Co., NC. He was born in NC.
            He signed a will in tyrell co, . nc. will of Pitt co fof this period are
            destryed. of bearufort and pitt co, nc

            When Pit co was created in 1760 John Jr who lived on the land conveyed
            to them by his father in beaufort co were cut off in Pitt.

            received form the state of NC 500 A in Pitt co on the north side of the
            Tarr River on 10-21-1782 (grant bk G p 155 no 271)

            10-11-1785 add another 50 A on the north side of the Tarr (grant b k P
            338 no 989)

            10-15-1797 conveyed 400 A to son Swain and land to Jordan Ward for his
            better maintenance (deed bk O p 62)

            10-15-1797 mad three more conveyances to his children John Jr, Susannah
            and William (Db O p 65, p 64, p 66

            to william ward, for 50.00 he transferred 115 A of land adj Darling Ray,
            Edmund Andrews and Bullocks to Walter Sesson's line (bk O p 66)

            iii. David WARD was born about 1725 in tyrell co, . nc. lived in
            Georgetown dist of SC

            the 180 A left to him lay in both Tyrrell and Beaufort co.

            Sold land in 1754 (see will of his father, ie his mother was either
            deceased or remarried by this time) to Jas Howell Deed signed by David
            and wf Mary Ward ( June 1755) witnessed by John Swinson and Thomas Holly

            Moved to Edgecombe/halifax in 1754 as he received a grant of 283 A in
            1753, received a grant in 1745 and another in 1756 The first 2 of these
            plantations he gave to his sons John, Jams and Robert Ward.

            Witnessed deed to his brother Michael from Wm Moore and Thoms Ward on
            11-21-1764 in Pitt Co (living in Halifax co at this time)

            iv. Dorcas WARD was born in NC. the 100 A of land of hers was in
            Beaufort Co adj to her brother John
            v. Elizabeth WARD was born about 1720 in tyrell co, . nc. her land was
            in Tyrrell co 140 A
            vi. William WARD was born in NC.

            NINTH GENERATION

            256. Amos GARRIS I was born about 1638 in England. He died between 1684
            and 1686 in Northammpton Co., VA. He signed a will on 28 Jul 1689 in
            Northammpton Co., VA. Northampton co., VA deeds, will, and C. no 11
            1680-1692 p 133-134

            Amos Garyson

            amos immigrated to easter shore of va as indentured servant to richard
            jacob. records , dated 1875 indicate amos become a free man in 1666
            He was married to Ann.

            257. Ann was born about 1645 in VA. She died after 1686 in Northampton
            Co., VA. Deed of Gift

            July the 28th 1686, I Ann Garris widow North hampton co in Virgini here
            formally promise: T give to my children some cattleand now into individual
            to all or any condition. i do here freely give as a free gift what hereto
            youre I have promised to my dear and well beloved dau Mallow garris I do
            give one Martha cow and yearling. The cow yearling by yo name of Pritty.
            The cow and yearling and all their increase maleand female I freely give to
            my dau Mallow Garris to her and her heirs forever. The cow and yearling
            now grazing at William Potts in Nerell's Neck, croppedof each ear hole
            andunder bitted? For my eldest and well abeloved son, Aron Garris, I
            freely ive as a free gift, one cow called Browndy with all her increase
            amale and female to teh aforesaid Aron Garris and his heirs forever. The
            cow now grazing at you plantation where I now live , cropt of each ear hold
            under bitted? and to my son Amos Garris being my dear and well beloved son,
            I freely give as a free gift, one younger cow called Pydey, cropt on each
            ears hold and under bitted? grazing at the plantation I now live upon. The
            aforesaid cow Pydey and all her increase, male and female , I freely give
            to my son Amos Garris, to him and his heirs forever, To my dear loved son
            Thomas Garris, I freely give as a free gift a red heffer of two years old
            called Good Luck to my son Thomas Garris and his heirs forever yo a heffer
            and all her female increase I give . The geffer is cropt on each ear hole
            and under bitted yearling also plantation I now live upon. To my dear and
            loved son Ricahrd Garris, I freely give as a free gift one black yearling
            heffer and all her female increast to himi and his heirs forever. The
            aforesaid heffer is called Negro, cropt aon each ear hold and under
            abitted. To my dar and beloved son, Edward Garris, I give as a free gift
            one red yearling heffer called Riptail, cropt andeach ear hold and under
            bitted. Her and all her female increase to him and his heirs forever, I
            freely give and further I Ann Garris, I've obliged to take all care that in
            me eyes, myself to look as careefully after those cattle as if it wer for
            myself Did as intended. No allow the conditionion of my widowhood and to
            enter into the state of Matrimony, David Evans being supposed in process of
            time, to care my northern land. Which if God hath so ordained and that if
            wed, David Evans and Ann Garris, so joined togerther inthe holy andlawfull
            estate of matrimony, Then I David Evans does oblige myself to be as
            carefull of these cattle in Cooksinger after whom forever the good of the
            children above unionhood, as if it were for myself and I do oblidge yself
            to deliver t o each children as tey that attain to lawfull age, what cattle
            is already made over to them by their mother that I too may have this
            recorded upon the county record either before the time of matrimony or
            after as our seals heands dated at above in the present of us

            Recorded in Deedw Wills and C no 11 1680-1692 Northamption co p 133-134

            Northamption co va wills (Marshall)

            Westerhouse, William 7-22-168/ 2-11-1683 p 121
            To my son Adrian Westerhouse during his file my 200 a plantatioin where he
            now dwells bought of mr major and belonging to capt stephen charleton's
            pattent, and then to adrian son william. To anna catharina the dau of
            elizabeth Harper my 150a plantation where I now dwell bought of tobias
            sellby and john winberry, sr., it being the remainder of my land belonging
            to capt steven charlton's pattent joining upon mr andrews land and a silver
            beaker, elizabeth harper and her dau anna catharina (under 16) resid.
            Legatees. If elizabeth predeceases her dau than mrs phillip fettiplace to
            have anna catharina's tutition if her mother agrees. If anna catharina
            should die before ???, then the aforesaid land (after the death of
            elizabeth harper) to my grandau. Margaret westerhouse and my personal
            estate to her mother elizabeth harper. My friends john custis, jr, andrew
            andrews, and thomas bustirtt? Extrs and overseers. Wit: henry sellman,
            james neuiff p 43
            (notes: the extrs refused to act and aaron westerhouse, son of the dec'd
            qualified as administrator p 113. Much earlier william westerhouse is
            described as a flemish or dutch merchant late of new haven in new england
            1645-1651 p 214 1655-1657 p 73. The children of william westerhouse were
            named as william westerhouse, jr and barbara westerhouse 1651-1654 p. the
            pre marital agreement of henderick wagoman a dutchman of amsterdam and mrs
            winnifred schin (the dau of mrs margaret westerhouse the wf of william
            westerhouse) 1657-1666 p 70 )

            Westerhouse, Elizabeth, widow of william westerhouse 12-2-1684/12-2-1684
            nuncup p 123

            to my youngest child william westerhouse the full share of hald the estate
            which my late husband left for my disposal. aLso to my son william one
            silver dram cup and 2 stone rings. To Anne GARRIS one dowlace suit,
            peticoats and bunting. To margaret Westerhouse a black h9ook, to Mrs
            Andrews a pair of gloves, to lydia westerhouse a black hood. To Anne
            GARRIS for 7 yrs my dau Hannah Catherina's plantation if anne will keep my
            son William for 6 yrs. Witt: Anne (W) Garris, Margaret(X) Westerhouse p
            108
            Amos GARRIS I and Ann had the following children:

            i. Martha GARRIS was born in 1674 in Northampton Co., VA.
            ii. Aaron GARRIS was born in 1676 in Northampton Co., VA.
            iii. Richard GARRIS was born before 1660 in Northampton Co., VA. He
            signed a will on 2 Jan 1720 in northammpton Co., nc. probated 4-19-1721 p
            123
            Witt: John Bryant, Thomas Abdell, Richard Bull and Joseph Green

            Mentions:
            Children: Thomas, Bridget, Lishia, Sarah, Ratchell (son under 18 and dau
            under 16)
            Wife not mentioned
            Others:
            John Addison, Richard Smith
            Probate John Addison qualified, the will appointed extrs being un their
            manority Thomas James, Thomas Abdell, Richard Bull and Joseph Green to
            appr. He died before 19 Apr 1721 in northammpton Co., nc. He died on 19
            Apr 1721 in Northammpton Co., VA. dates for the births of the children do
            not match but the children do. Very posible that one generation has been
            missed. The Richard on the will on 1720 with the children listed shows the
            children as being born after 1700.

            richard received from william bell 9-28-1705 bk 16 [ 422 150 a near
            nassawadox creek

            Va County Records. Northamption co Wills. V 9 and 10

            p 30

            Dolby, John, Northampton co., 2 oct 1713, 17 dec 1717
            brother joseph dolby; cousin ann dolby, dau of joseph dolby; brothers
            benjamin and john dolby; cousin john, son of richard slmith; cousin
            abigail, dau of richard smith; couisn Thoams son of richard garret; sister
            sarah garret; sister elizabeth johnson; wf joanna extx wit: thomas Dent,
            benjamin dloby

            note (LFH) richard smith is in dolby and richard garris will. believe
            richard garret is richard garris
            iv. Edward P GARRIS died on 18 May 1714 in Northammpton Co., VA. He
            signed a will on 18 May 1714 in Northammpton Co., VA. Admtrx: Mary Garris
            widow of the dec'd on behalf of herself and children. Secs: luke
            Griffeth, Richard Waterson Apprs: Richard Ellegood, Edmund Ellegood,
            George Hodd, Thomas Summers p 160 He was born in Northampton Co., VA.
            v. Thomas GARRIS was born about 1667 in Northampton Co., VA.
            128 vi. Amos GARRIS II.
            vii. Ann GARRIS was born about 1685 in northamption co., va.

            260. Francis SHARP was born in Northammpton Co., VA. He was married.
            Francis SHARP had the following children:

            130 i. Francis SHARP.

            262. Joshua FITCHETT was born before 1687 in VA. He died before 1709. He
            was born before 1709 in northamption co., va. He died on 28 Jan 1709 in
            Northampton Co., Virginia. He died on 28 Jan 1709 in Northampton Co.,
            Virginia. He signed a will on 26 May 1709 in Northammpton Co., VA.
            probated 1-28-1710

            Will of Joshua Fitchett of Northampton County

            Transcribed by John Fitchett.

            May 26th in the year 1709

            In the Name of God Amen
            I Joshua Fitchett of Northampton County in Virginia being sick and weak of
            body but in perfect sense and memory blessed be God for it, do make this my
            last will and testament in manner and form as followeth: In the first
            place, I
            give unto my two sons Witherinton Fitchett and Thomas Fitchett and to their
            heirs for ever lawfully begotten of their body, my plantation or divid---
            of land in Accomack County containing two hundred acres to be equally
            divided between them.
            I give unto my son John Fitchett and his heirs forever lawfully begotten of
            his body my plantation that I now live on or divid--- containing one
            hundred acres after my wife decease and I give my mill unto my son John
            Fitchett and his heirs forever lawfully begotten of his body.
            I give unto my wife Esther Fitchett one bedd and beddstead one rugg and two
            blanketts and two sheets.
            I give unto my two sons Jacob Fitchett and Joshua Fitchett and their heirs
            forever lawfully begotten of their body all my tools of what sort forever
            and to be equally divided between them: and I give unto my sons Jacob
            Fitchett and Joshua Fitchett one Bedd, beddstead, one rugg and two
            blanketts and two sheets
            I give unto my two daughters Elizabeth Fitchett and Susanna Fittchett one
            bedd and beddstead and one rugg and two blanketts and one sheet.
            I give unto my daughter Comfort Sharp one yearling mare.
            I give unto my wife and seven youngest children all the rest of my moveable
            estate with in do---- and with out
            Besides th-- leggase(?) that are given already and to be equally divided
            between them
            Signed Sealed and Delivered in the person of
            George X Grisoll Joshua Fitchett
            Sarah James ye seale

            Northampton - January 28 1709/10
            Then --- said last will and testament of Joshua Fitchett deceased was
            provide in ---- court of said county by la -------- ---- of Georg Grisoll
            and Sarah James and allowed --- by -- court to be --------- probate and
            ordered it to be recorded.
            Test Rob' Howfor
            Recorded Test Robert Howfor CCCo Northampton

            Return to the top of this page.
            Return to the Orginial Source Materials Index page
            Return to the GHOTES home page

            Barbara Coxbgcox@...

            Copyright © 1996 Most recent revisionTuesday, March 18, 1997 9:37:05 PM

            He was born in Northammpton Co., VA. He was married to Esther.

            263. Esther died before 1716 in northamption co., va. She died in 1716 in
            Northammpton Co., VA. She signed a will on 29 Mar 1716 in Northammpton
            Co., VA. probated 7-20-1716 marshall p 207

            to my son john fitchitt, son joshua fitchett, son witherington fitchett, 2
            grandchildrn nehemiah and comfort fitchitt, son jacob fitchitt. to rachel
            hill , dau susanna fitchitt, gdau elizabeth sharp , son thomas fitchitt,
            son thomas to care for my sons joshua nd john, gson william sharp son
            thomas resid legatee and ext Wit: william brown, tilney dixon , michael
            dixon

            Will of Esther Fitchett

            Transcribed by John Fitchett.

            In the name of God Amen
            I Esther Fitchett being sick and weak in body but of perfect sense and
            memory blessed be God for it do make this my last will and testament in
            manner and from as folloeth
            Item I give unto my son John Fitchitt one good feather bedd and bedstead
            and one bolster and two pillows one rugg one blankett and two sheets and
            the curtains that belongs to it and one brass kittle instead of twenty five
            shillings one iron pott holds about five or six gallons three chears and
            two pare potthangers and my will and desire is that all my sheets may be
            equally divided between my two sons Joshua Fittchitt and John Fittchitt and
            I give unto my son John one couch and four glass bottles and one little
            pewter bottle and all these article above mentioned that are given to my
            son John Fitchitt I give them to him and his heirs forever and If my son
            John dies before married I give them to my son Joshua Fitchitt
            Item I give unto my son Joshua Fitchett one little iron kittle holds about
            a gallon and one iron spitt and three chears and one pewter bason. I give
            them to him and his heirs for ever.
            Item I give unto my son Witherinton Fitchett one hundred and fifty pounds
            of tobacco which he ows to me and one English Shilling. I give unto my two
            grand children Nehemiah Fitchitt and Comfort Fitchitt two barrols and a
            half of corn which my son Jacob Fitchitt did owe to me to be equally divide
            betwixt them.
            Item I give unto Rachel Hill one Virginia cloath pedicoat.
            Item I give unto my daughter Susanna Fitchitt one silver bodkin and two
            gold rings and one damask(?) gound and pedicots(?) and one linen wh--- to
            her and her heirs for ever
            Item I give unto my grand daughter Elizabeth Sharp one Virginia cloth
            pedicoat
            Item I give unto my daughter Elizabeth Sharp my mantle and one shilling
            English money
            Item I give unto my son Thomas Fitchitt my silk handkerchief and three
            yards of honycut and my will is that my son Thomas Fitchitt may give my two
            sons Joshua and John Fitchitt as much good cloath as will make each of them
            a pare of briches and I desire my son Thomas Fitchitt may take care of my
            two sons Joshua and John Fitchitt and learn them to write and read. I give
            unto my son Joshua two hucksback napkins and to my son John two huckaback
            napkins and to my daughter Susanna two bi--- napkins and to my son Thomas
            two huck-back napkins and to my grand son William Sharp two young lambs and
            I give all the rest of my estate to my son Thomas Fitchitt.

            and I do make and appoint my son Thomas Fitchitt my ---- executor of this
            my last will and testament and my will and desire is my estate may not be
            raised nor inventoryed and have here unto lett my ----- seal this twenty
            ninth day of March one thousand seven hundred and sixteen
            signed sealed and delivered in the presents of us Esther 77
            Fitchitt
            William Brown Northampton county --- June court - 20th day 1716
            Tilnoy Dixon
            Michael Dixon
            This last will and testament of Esther Fitchitt deceased was presented to
            court by her executor Thomas Fitchitt who made oath thereto and being
            proved by - oaiths of William Brown and Tilnoy Dixon and Michal Dixon
            wittness thereto is admitted to record and according to order it is
            recorded

            Recorded Test Robert Howfor CCu'Ct Northampton

            Return to the top of this page.
            Return to the Orginial Source Materials Index page
            Return to the GHOTES home page

            Barbara Coxbgcox@...

            Copyright © 1996 Most recent revisionTuesday, March 18, 1997 9:37:05 PM

            She died before 20 Jun 1716 in Northampton Co., Virginia. She died
            before 20 Jun 1716 in Northampton Co., Virginia. She was born in
            Northammpton Co., VA. She was born in VA. Joshua FITCHETT and Esther had
            the following children:

            i. Thomas FITCHETT was born before 1709 in Northammpton Co., VA. He was
            born before 1709 in VA. He was born before 1709 in northamption co., va.
            He died before 1718 in northamption co., va. He died before 14 May 1728 in
            Northampton Co., Virginia. He died before 14 May 1728 in Northampton Co.,
            Virginia. whitehall p 74
            ii. Weatherington FITCHETT was born before 1709 in northamption co., va.
            He signed a will on 4 Nov 1727 in accomack co., va. probate 6-14-1728

            Will of Weatherington Fitchitt of the County of Accomacke Virginia

            Transcribed by John Fitchett.

            In the name of God amen, I Weatherington Fitchitt of the County of
            Accomacke Virginia being weak in body but in perfect strength of memory
            thanks be to God for it: do think fit to make this my last will and
            Testament my soul I Recommend to my maker and redeemr. my body I committ
            the Earth with all decent buriall at the discression of my Executrix
            hereafter named as for what Estate it hath pleased God to bestow upon me
            give & bequeath as followeth Vizt. Item I give unto my son John
            Fitchitt
            and his heirs forever all my Land after my wifes decease and priviledge
            my three daughters for to live and use the same: for to make Corn & the
            like for the time of their Maidenhood. Item I give to my two sons John
            &
            Joshua Fitchitt my stilards and my Gunn to Joshua: Item I give to my
            three daughters: my Hackle. Item I give unto my daughter Rachell my
            Spice
            mortar. Item I give unto my two sons each of them one pewter dish: and
            Dish to my daughter Rachell: and a yearling heifer. Item I give the
            rest
            of my Children Each of the one pewter dish. Item all the rest of my
            Estate I give unto my Loving wife Elizabeth Fitchitt during the time of
            her widdowhood but if in case she should marry then my will is my sd.
            Estate shall be equally divided amongst my Children my wife haveing an
            equall part with them. Lastly I do appoint my Loveing wife Elizabeth
            Fitchitt my Sole Executrix to this my Last will & Testamt. Whereunto I
            set
            my hand & seal this 4th day of November 1727
            his
            Witness Weatherington W Fitchitt
            Jno. Johnson mark
            Baly Hinman
            Dennes Kelly
            At a Court held for Accomack County June the 4th 1728
            The within Last Will and Testament of Weatherington Fitchett deceased
            being
            proved by the oaths of John Johnson Bayly Hinman and Dennis Kelly the
            three
            Witnesses thereunto Subscribed and admitted to record
            Test. John Jackson Cl. Cur

            Return to the top of this page.
            Return to the Orginial Source Materials Index page
            Return to the GHOTES home page

            Barbara Coxbgcox@...

            Copyright © 1996 Most recent revisionTuesday, March 18, 1997 9:37:05 PM

            He died before 1728.
            iii. Jacob FITCHETT was born before 1709 in northamption co., va. He
            died before 1725.
            iv. Susanna FITCHETT was born before 1709 in northamption co., va.
            v. Elizabeth FITCHETT was born before 1709 in northamption co., va. She
            was born in VA. She died in northamption co., va.
            vi. John FITCHETT was born before 1709 in northamption co., va. He died
            before 1761 in Northammpton Co., VA. He signed a will in 1761 in
            Northammpton Co., VA. He was born in Northammpton Co., VA.
            vii. Joshua FITCHITT was born in Northammpton Co., VA.
            viii. Susanna FITCHITT was born in Northammpton Co., VA.
            131 ix. Comfort FITCHITT.

            280. John WARD was born in Norfolk Co., VA. He died in Norfolk Co., VA.
            He was married. John WARD had the following children:

            140 i. John WARD.
            ii. Thomas WARD was born in Norfolk Co., VA.
            iii. Joseph WARD was born in Norfolk Co., VA.

            282. James MURRAY was born before 1690 in Princess Anne Co., VA. He died
            about 1768 in Onslow Co., NC. probably was in onslow co after 1729
            Divided a tract of 300 A between a John Ward, Samuel Preston and Thomas
            Brigman dated 11-10-1729 (Bk C bertie co pages 156,157,167)

            John Ward of Tyrrell, Thomas Bridgeman and samuel Preston in the same
            vicinity at the same approx time supports that John of Tyrrell was the
            recipent of this estate settlement.

            Murray is a Princess Ann co Va family name and there are prestons and
            prescott records in Norfolk and PA as well as Pitt.

            part of 300 A from Murry to Ward, Bridgeman and Preston had been conveyed
            to him by John Edward and his wife Elizabeth on 8-11-1729. The witnesses
            were Thomas and Mary Rhodes.

            We found in Halifax co that David Wards, 1753 patent was adj to the land of
            Nathaniel Edwards .

            lived in onslow co from nasemond by the way of bertie

            sourses: KindredMurrays by Alton Murray and We cousins.
            NOte: the data are not in complete agreemant.

            Herrring Statutes of VA v 4 p 529 1728 james Murray sell 50 a to Henry
            Jenkins

            Bertie Co Court House, Windson, NC
            5-10-1725 250 a bought from thomas rhodes
            11-9-1725 200 a from thomas rhodes
            1726 to moses grandbury 200 a adj thomas rhodes
            8-11-1729 from john edwards 240 a
            11-10-1729 to john ward 100 a
            11-10-1729 to thomas brigman 125 a
            1-10-1729 to samuel reeston 75 a

            Onslow Co james murray was on a list of proposed justices of the peace
            1731

            abst of nc wills grimes p 260 10-30-1732 james and elizabeth murray wit
            the will of joseph mumford of onslow co

            Onslow co col records of nc
            9-14-1737 v 4 p 280 640 a
            11-129-1744 v 5 150 a
            v4 p 765 4-10-1745 150 a

            land grants new hanover co by mae blake graves:
            1737 640, 640
            1746 150
            1754 50 a in trust for church

            1790 census james murrow 7 in family. 1 slave, james murrow 5 in family, 5
            slaves He was married to Elizabeth EDWARDS.

            283. Elizabeth EDWARDS was born in VA. She died in Onslow Co., NC. James
            MURRAY and Elizabeth EDWARDS had the following children:

            141 i. Elizabeth MURRAY.
            ii. James MURRAY was born about 1717 in VA. He signed a will about 1797
            in Duplin Co., NC. duplin will bk a p 333 prob 1797
            beloved wf Mary; james, arthur, elizabeth marshburn, james, sarah, sarah
            Pickett, esther, charity williams He died on 26 Aug 1797. 8-31-1747
            duplin db p 143
            william johnston to henry hollingsworth 233 a for 180 # Wit: james
            murray, james murray, david murray

            4-8-1754 duplin db p 231
            james murray, jr to james murray, son 50 a love .....Wit: david murray,
            jonathan murray, catherine murray

            6-23-1767 duplin db l p 263
            james murry jr from samuel marshburn, both of duplin. ....Wit: david
            murray, james hollingsworth, elizaeth hollingsworth

            8-7-1767 duplin db p 267
            james murray, sr to james murray, jr son bothe of duplin wit: stephen
            murray, david murray, james hollingsworth

            6-16-1771 duplin db p 254
            james murray, fr to luke bowzer....wit James murray, ronte land, william
            sholar

            4-20-1775 duplin db 5 p 383
            james murray, jr to benjamin bratcher, both of duplin wit: james
            murray,sr, william thomson smith

            6-1-1776
            james murray to daniel murray
            12-9-1776
            james murray and sarah murray to jacob merchant wit: anthony balery,
            john baley, luke bowzer

            12-15-1796
            james murray to arthur murray wit: leonard mills, daniel murray

            2-5-1793
            james murray, sr to arthur murray wit: john lanier, stephen hays

            2-21-1793
            james murray, sr to arthur murray wit: john lanier, stephen hays

            1-1-1796
            james murray, sr to thomas burton of new hanover wit: arthur murray ,
            shalton aburton

            12-17-1796 james muray form amos johnston and nathan waller wit: isaac
            james, sarah saunders

            3-25-1758
            jonathan murray of onslow to james murray, jr witL david murray,
            howell gregory, thomas david
            iii. Mary MURRAY was born about 1720 in nasmond co., va.
            iv. David MURRAY was born about 1722 in VA. He died before 1798 in GA.
            emirgrated to ga c 1769
            v. Jesse MURRAY was born in VA. he left duplin co abt the same time as
            david murray. a dupin co deed db 1 p 261 6-22-1769 shows jesse bought from
            abraham herring land e sid of necf river at a poplar in hooker branch.
            wit: david and Catherine Murray. sol this land to william pickett on
            1-20-1769

            may have gone to ga
            vi. Daniel MURRAY was born in VA. may have went to ga with david in 1869
            vii. Jonathan MURRAY was born in VA.

            TENTH GENERATION

            520. William SHARP signed a will on 17 Feb 1678 in northamptionco, va.
            probated 5-28-1679 p 25
            Witt: Batholomew Hieron, Daniel Neech, Sarah Marian

            Sharpe, William planter 2-17-1678/5-28-1679
            children: hannah and Francis Sharpe
            John Marian
            son in law George owen ( child of wf and 1st husband)
            Wf Margaret extrx
            Witt: Barthlomew Hieron, Daniel Neech, Sarah Marian p 25
            He died before 28 May 1679 in Northammpton Co., VA. He was born in VA.
            believe the wm sharp in he muster of 1624 is either the father or gfather
            of said William Sharp

            Muster:
            William sharp aged 40 yrs in he Starr in May
            Elizabeth his wf aged 25 ys in the Bonaventure Aughst 1620
            Isack his son aged 2 yrs
            Samuell his son aged 2 months

            servants
            Richard Vause aged 20 yrs in the Jonathan May 1620 He was married to
            Margaret.

            521. Margaret was born in VA. William SHARP and Margaret had the
            following children:

            260 i. Francis SHARP.
            ii. Hannah SHARP was born in northammpton Co., nc.

            564. David MURRAY died in 1693 in Princess Anne Co., VA. He was born in
            Princess Anne Co., VA. He was married. David MURRAY had the following
            children:

            282 i. James MURRAY.
            ii. David MURRAY was born in Princess Anne Co., VA. in June 1725 David
            Murray , jr lived on the wester side of the eastern branch of Eliz River
            adj WM Bolihe, John Storke, John Murden and John Stanley. (Norfok co bk F p
            171)

            This establlishes 2 David Murrary
            iii. John MURRAY was born in Princess Anne Co., VA. He died in Princess
            Anne Co., VA. in 11-1708 George Beck of Bertie appointed John Muray of PA
            co Va attorney to dispose of land in Norfolk which formerly belonged to
            Jane Lawson , to Mr Samuel Smith (norfold Co D Bk 10 P 44)

            1712 the Mackoy's of beaufort co appointed John Muray of PA co VA to
            sell land to Benjamine Roberts (Deeds of Norfolk Co. 1710-1719 p 176) Macoy
            ws nephew of Johhn Murray and grandson of David Murray Sr of Norfolk
            iv. MURRAY was born before 1685 in Princess Anne Co., VA.

            566. john EDWARDS died after 1729 in VA. He was born in VA. He was
            married to Elizabeth.

            567. Elizabeth received First Holy Communion after 1729 in VA. She was
            born in VA. john EDWARDS and Elizabeth had the following children:

            283 i. Elizabeth EDWARDS.

            • Mahala McMillan
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 25, 1999
                Hi Levis:

                I am working on Cannons also. Why don't you send me your information and
                I'll see if we can make a connection? Mahala
                >Members of our group have work on some of these families. Why don't you
                >send us some pedigree charts on the ties that are in Pitt County and we
                >might be better able to assist you. We are also putting together a book of
                >pedigrees that will be indexed and would welcome yours to be included.

              • Bill Kittrell
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 7, 2001
                  Bailey: #324 William Daniel & Rosalia Whichard Bailey family.
                  Carson: #428 Don Columbus Carson, SR family, #429 Rufus Fussell Carson,
                  Sr. family, #430 Thomas Carson family, #431 T. J. Carson family
                  Beverly: #308 Guilford & Rillie Briley Andrews family..Beverleys
                  mentioned are more recent.
                  James: #750 The James Family of Greenville mentions William James who
                  came out of Vriginia,#751 Charllie Linwood James family, #752 Dink James
                  family, #753 Carolyn Fullilove James, #754 Eugene & Patsy James family,
                  #755, George Cornelius James family, #756 Robert EArl James, Sr. family,
                  #757 Wiliam Rusben James family, #758 Wyatt James family, #759 David
                  Henry James family.
                  These were the articles in the book. I did not read through all of this
                  because my eyesight just does not allow me to read that much.
                  Bill

                  Ralph Majek wrote:

                  > Would the following names be included in this book:
                  >
                  > CARSON, JAMES, BAILEY, BEVERLEY
                  >
                  > Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website. Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:
                  > http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/
                • Ralph Majek
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 8, 2001
                    Would the following names be included in this book:

                    CARSON, JAMES, BAILEY, BEVERLEY
                  • mcgheeooe
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 3, 2002
                      Does anyone have an extra copy of "Chronicles of Pitt County"? Is
                      the Historical Society going to republish it? I keep hearing a "its
                      coming" but still no one has called me back. Just thought I would
                      ask if any of you all know anything about the reprint or where we
                      could find a couple of copies. Thanks, Bonnie
                    • Nancy Pittman
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 3, 2002
                        This article copied from Pitt County Historical Society Notes dated June
                        2001.

                        PUBLICATIONS
                        For the past several years, numerous inquiries have been made by individuals
                        wanting to purchase a copy of The Chronicles of Pitt County. Unfortunately,
                        The Chronicles is no longer available. The Pitt County Historical Society
                        first published The Chronicles in 1982. The book contains a history of both
                        Pitt County and its families. Several years later the Society published The
                        Historic Architecture of Pitt County - a companion volume which highlights
                        the historic structures in our county. The Historic Architecture is still
                        available for sale. The Officers and Board of Directors have voted to
                        reprint The Chronicles of Pitt County. At the present time estimates are
                        being obtained as to the cost of this project. It is our goal that the book
                        will once again be available in 2002 when the Society celebrates it 75th
                        Anniversary. [end of article]

                        As I understand it...the estimates obtained as to the cost of reprint...were
                        not within the budget and the reprint had to be delayed. However...plans
                        for a reprint are still in the makings.

                        Nancy L. Pittman
                        Web Wrangler, at www.ncudc.org
                        North Carolina Division United Daughters of the Confederacy

                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 3, 2002
                          Most southern genealogical libraries have a copy. What exactly are you
                          looking for in there? Sam DeSanto

                        • mpbamma@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 3, 2002
                            Can someone from this list keep a list of those of us that may be interested
                            in buying those books when they are finally reprinted. I know I would be very
                            interested. Sherri

                          • Doris
                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 4, 2002
                              I certainly would be interested...

                              D.Peirce

                              Doris....A Texan in Georgia.....
                              Still shaking the family tree and
                              dodging the nuts after 30+ years!

                              Can someone from this list keep a list of those of us that may be interested
                              in buying those books when they are finally reprinted. I know I would be very
                              interested. Sherri

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              ---

                            • Rose Thomas
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 4, 2002
                                I would be interested as well

                                R Thomas

                              • Charleen Nobles <charleennobles@yahoo.co
                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 20, 2003
                                  I really need to know if there is any information concerning the
                                  Nobles family before I purchase the book. Can anyone do a lookup
                                  Charleen
                                • pwm30087
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Apr 23, 2003
                                    For those of you interested in seeing images of the Chronicles of
                                    Pitt County, I've uploaded three. Go to
                                    http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/. The images are in
                                    a folder named "Chronicles of Pitt County." If you can't access the
                                    yahoo groups, I'll be happy to email the images to you.

                                    Patricia Mersereau
                                    Stone Mountain, GA

                                    Researching: COREY, WORTHINGTON and others in Pitt County
                                  • robertlcapps
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Apr 25, 2003
                                      Hi Everyone,

                                      Could someone please check for me in their Chronicles if there is any
                                      information on the following:

                                      CLARK(E)
                                      PAGE
                                      BEACH
                                      If there is, then I will know if I should order the Chronicles. Thanks.

                                      Marilyn
                                    • D. Cooper
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jan 9, 2004
                                        What Meeks family do you go back to, Igo back to a John that md. Sarah Everett of Lower Conotoe Tws. Don Cooper and my Cooper's are from Nash Co. My mother was a Brady from Pitt. whose grandmother was a sister to Sarah. Don Cooper.
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jan 10, 2004
                                          I would like to learn more about where my Coopers came
                                          from. Nash Co. is just above Pitt Co. My Nichols
                                          came from Nash Co.

                                          1.William Cooper and Mary from Martin Co. m.1784
                                          2.Rowan Cooper and Christian Moye m.1827
                                          3.Caswell D. Cooper and Nancy Highsmith from Pitt
                                          m.1846
                                          4.Redden Rowan Cooper and Mary Elizabeth Bowers from
                                          Pitt m.1882

                                          My Meeks are:
                                          1.John Meeks and Sarah Wainwright m.1823
                                          2.William Godfrey Meeks and Lucy Nobles m.1876 of Pitt

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jan 11, 2004
                                            Louise, My Cooper's are William born in England abt. 1675 his son Marcum the father of David born abt. 1725 who came to America through Norfolk Va., area abt. 1750 settled in Nash Co. and latter settled and died in Spartanburg Dist. S.C. 1792/3. His son Marcum stayed in Nash.

                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jan 11, 2004
                                              Louise, that was not my research but another family member's she is a preacher's and I think is pretty reliable. Ihave done some of it but not the real early stuff yet, but will later. Don.

                                            • eahsr16@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jul 5, 2005
                                                I have been looking through my new book and I am SO impressed with the work,
                                                the clear pictures, the size of this great book!!!!

                                                : ) This book will take a while to go through.

                                                I am so glad that I bought it.

                                                Thank you for the opportunity of purchasing it.

                                                Faye

                                              • carrol
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jul 15, 2005
                                                  Hello Everyone,

                                                  I have been very quiet researching my daughter's laughinghouse line.
                                                  I have some information to post on it that I have gathered so far. I hope that someone on the list may be able to fillin some of the gaps.
                                                  David L. Laughinghouse son of Elester Laughinghouse and Bertha Ellis
                                                  Elester Laughinghouse b. 09 April 1938 NC d. 13 July 1997 Greenville, Pitt County, NC
                                                  son of Henry "Jack" Laughinghouse b. 21 October 1910 NC d. 12 March 1985 Pitt County, NC and Nealie (?) Laughinghouse b. 22 Feb 1908 NC d. 25 Sept 2002 Greenville, Pitt County, NC
                                                  from what I have been able to find so far he was the son of Edward and Mary Laughinghouse
                                                  Edward Lauginghouse b. about 1865 in NC d.? Mary b. about 1870 NC d.?
                                                  son of Edward Laughinghouse b. about 1840 NC
                                                  I think Edward Laughinghouse was the son of Ajax Laughinghouse and Hannah. Ajax Laughinghouse b. about 1820 NC and Hannah about 1830 NC. I found Ajax with Edward Laughinghouse on some slave schedules.

                                                  I would be interested in knowing more on Ajax and the slave records of Edward Laughinghouse married Fanny R.? he was born about 1846 in NC on the 1870 census he is listed as follows:
                                                  1870 North Carolina Pitt county, Chicod Township 24 august
                                                  184 184 Laughinghouse Edward 24 M W Farmer 8000 600 North Carolina
                                                  184 184 Laughinghouse Faney R 23 F W Keeping House North Carolina
                                                  184 184 Laughinghouse Virginia 30 F B Farm Hand North Carolina
                                                  184 184 Laughinghouse Hannah 10 F B Farm Hand North Carolina
                                                  184 184 Laughinghouse Joseph 6 M B North Carolina
                                                  184 184 Laughinghouse ? 1 M B North Carolina

                                                  the other piece of information on the Ellis Family
                                                  Bertha M. Ellis daughter of John Eddie Ellis and Fannie Mae Atkinson

                                                  John Eddie Ellis b. 15 Mar 1911 NC d. 21 Jan 1976 Edgecombe, NC
                                                  son of John (Jon) Eddy Ellis b. 1883 NC and Luisa (Louisa) ? b. 1887 NC d. ?
                                                  children of John (Jon) Eddy Ellis and Luisa
                                                  Rosa b. 1908 NC
                                                  John E. b. 15 Mar 1911 NC d. 21 Jan 1976 NC
                                                  William b. 1913 NC
                                                  David b. 1914 NC
                                                  Sarah b. 1917 NC
                                                  Nomia? b. 1919 Nc
                                                  Lillie b. 1921 NC
                                                  Willie b. 1921 NC
                                                  Roberta b. 1924 NC
                                                  Bertie b. 1924 NC
                                                  Edith Mae b 1925 NC
                                                  this is from the 1930 Census North Carolina Greene County, Spreight Bridge Township
                                                  This family lived in Pitt County also.

                                                  Thanks and I hope this was not too confusing.

                                                  sincerely,

                                                  Carrol Mick
                                                  carrolmick@...
                                                  and
                                                  cpgoofy16@...

                                                • Marcia McLawhorn
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jul 16, 2005
                                                    Dear Carrol,
                                                    You have done some great work. A lot of what you sent was new to me.

                                                    I do have a few additions - I will present them in the order as they appear in your letter.

                                                    - - - - - - - - -

                                                    Birthplace for Bertha Ellis & Elester Laughinghouse may be Greensboro (Guilford County), NC

                                                    Birth year for Henry "Jack" Laughinghouse is different on Social Security Death Index
                                                    HENRY LAUGHINGHOUS 21 Oct 1905 Mar 1985 27834 (Greenville, Pitt, NC) 27834 (Greenville, Pitt, NC) *SSN* North Carolina

                                                    - - - - - - - - -

                                                    On your 1870 census record - the mother of all the children is probably Virginia, because they are black. Therefore, if Edward Jr is from this family he was born after the 1870 census not "about 1865". These children are probably not Edward's because then they would be listed as mulatto.

                                                    Really good work. Sincerely, Marcia

                                                    PS There are only 174 Laughinghouse records on the social security death index and only 161 on the white pages for the USA.

                                                    ---------------------------------

                                                  • Bill Kittrell
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Jul 17, 2005
                                                      Source: Saint Peter Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery..Old Pactolus Road,
                                                      .6 mile east of US 264.
                                                      Remus Laughinghouse NC A3C AF Medical GP b. Oct 9, 1932 d. July 5, 1952
                                                      Bernice Laughinghouse, d/o Charley & Esther Laughinghouse b. Oct 15, 1928 d.
                                                      May 4, 1929.

                                                      Only about nine people buried here. Surnames: Golet, Clemons, Daniel,
                                                      Ebron, Chancy, Boyd.
                                                      Bill