[genpcfr] Re: Test case ROSS

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 1998
      Betsy... thanks for being the first to post... I have no help w/your
      research... but will keep my eyes open for you when I can get back to mine
      in January...
      I'm having trouble w/my Coastalnet... keeps cutting me off while I'm
      posting names to list .. furstrating.. hopefully soon.. list w/be active !
      <g> .. this is my test also... my first post!!
      G'nite Jewelle

      At 10:55 PM 11/5/98 -0000, you wrote:
      >Testing my new subscription by posting my earliest-known ROSS for
      consideration. He was William (Billy) ROSS who d. in 1858 in Pitt Co.; he
      married Rebecca ROLLINS. The only other information about his generation,
      or earlier, that is known to me is that he had a sister Elizabeth Ross
      (Lizzie) who married Bracey ROEBUCK and lived in Martin County. If anyone
      can ever add to this factoid, please post!

      >Looking forward to a meaty maillist...
      >Betsy
      >
      >-----
      >Free e-mail group hosting at http://www.eGroups.com/

    • Martha Marble
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 1998
        Betsy - I am with you on this. Pure genealogy will be enough for this list
        especially with us trying to get one going for both Greene and Lenoir. Our
        inboxes can't handle but so much. BTW - dowloaded some of the instructions
        from Roots L today and got to read it.

        Jewel, any chance this list can be moved to ROOTS L and open it up like the
        rest of their list? Or will the board go along with that - it would bring
        in more people and I don't think both these lists are going to survive.

        Martha