Re: [genpcncfir] NC Colonial Census 1741-1752

  • davids3919@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2001
      Hi Marilyn,

      As far as I know, the NC Colonial Census is available only at the NC State
      Archives and in the "Journal of NC Genealogy" beginning with the Winter 1966
      issue. These journals are found in most libraries. I found mine in my local
      San Antonio library. They may be on microfilm or microfiche through a Family
      History Center, but I haven't checked the card catalog to verify this. This
      would be a good project to put on the internet.

      Barbara S.

    • Robert L. Capps
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2001
        I agree, so when are you going to get started...just kidding. Thank
        you, I'll look at the library here.

        Marilyn
        robertlcapps@...
      • davids3919@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2001
          Hi Marilyn,

          Well, I guess I can do the excerpts I have. What I did was copy the pages
          with New Hanover Co. folks, so what I have is not a complete set of names.
          It has been a while since I visited the SA Library. If I can find the time,
          I will go again and see if they still have the journals; if so, I will make a
          copy of the entire census and then we will be in business!! :>)

          Barbara S.

        • Robert L. Capps
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2001
            Barbara.

            Thank you, I was only joking...I know the work that is involved.

            Marilyn
            robertlcapps@...