Jerry / Slaughter

  • Rena Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2001
      Is he the one that we sent the Richard King information?

      Jesse F. Stroud having applied to me for a License for the marriage of
      Richard King of Lenoir Co. age 21, white, the son of Richard King and
      Mary.........., the father dead, the mother dead, resident of
      .............and Katy Slaughter, of Lenoir Co. age 17, white, dau. of
      Richard Slaughter and Susan........the father living the mother dead,
      resident of Green Co.
      Consent of Richard Slaughter, father of Katy Slaughter to the proposed
      marriage.
      Geo. S. Hodges
      Feb. 16, 1885

      Married on Feb. 19, 1885
      Can't make this part out Christine.......Mc W. Millus ?? in Woodington
      Township
      Witnesses
      John Stroud
      W. H. Sutton
      Thos Hardison

      Jno. H. Freeman, applied for the License for Richard Slaughter of Greene Co.
      age 40, white, the son of Lewis Slaughter and Nancy Bird, the father dead,
      the mother living resident of Greene Co. and Kate Carter of Greene Co., age
      42, white, dau. of M ? Tilghman and Penny Tilghman, the father living, the
      mother dead, resident of Pitt Co.
      Jan. 8, 1885

      C. H. Howard united Richard Slaughter and Katie Carter at the Residence of
      George Heath in Hookerton
      Witnesses
      John H. Freeman
      George Heath