Re: [genpcncfir] Slaughter

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 29, 2001
      Info below from Ancestry.com

      Ellender De Maries Duncan
      Birth: 10 October 1832-- Granville, Oxford, NC
      Death:
      October 1909 -- Berea, Granville, NC
      Spouse: Sterling Harrison Tingen
      Parents: Anderson Duncan, Elizabeth Slaughter

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC
      http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/9883

      From: "debbie howell" <txhowell@...>
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] Baker
      Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:37:10 -0500

      I am not sure what county in NC they are from--but one of the children
      married someone from Wayne County, NC. That is all I have to go on right
      now.

      Debbie

    • cfuller
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 31, 2001
        Hi Linda,Talked with him a long time ago.There is another man researching Lewis Slaughter line also.Do not know if he has gone any
        further back than Lewis.
        Christine

      • cander9267@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 31, 2001
          In a message dated 7/31/2001 8:41:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          cfuller@... writes:

          > Have any of you talked with Jerry Carraway regarding the Slaughters? He has
          > > some research on them as it is his line also.
          > > Linda Melvin

          Would anyone know how to contact Jerry?
          Linda Anderson
          Names of interest
          Slaughter, Sherrod, Savage, Tripp, Landing (Landen) Edwards
          Brantley, Anderson

        • cfuller
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 31, 2001
            I think Carraway is researching Martha T.Slater family--not Lewis
            Slaughter!!Did not think long enough on that.
            Christine

            Researching-Slaughter,Conner,Radford,Carlyle,Mozingo,Johnson,Farmer,
            Brantham,Hill,Potter and etc in Pitt,Lenoir,Greene,Wayne and Johnston
            Co.'s
          • Rena Peterson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 31, 2001
              Good morning everyone. Okay Christine, which one was the Carraway? Did I
              ever speak to him? I'm going to go through the marriage records that I have
              on hand. Don't want to check on the net because I can't remember all the
              names.
              Jewelle, as many Heath's as my sister has, I did not see one of your's. I'm
              going to forward your email to her, maybe she might have them in an off
              line.
              Love you all,
              Rena
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 31, 2001
                Lee Minnis has researched Lewis Slaughter. Email address is below. Has
                Francis Lightfoot Slaughter as Lewis' father in Rootsweb. See Rootsweb.com.
                lminnis@...

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 31, 2001
                  Paula--I sent an e-mail to Lee Minnis.Had not seen this one.Maybe will
                  find some info.Thanks.
                  Christine

                  Lee Minnis has researched Lewis Slaughter. Email address is below. Has

                  Francis Lightfoot Slaughter as Lewis' father in Rootsweb. See
                  Rootsweb.com.
                  lminnis@...
                  Paula Anne Baker
                  paulabaker69@...
                  Researching BAKER, MANNING, TYSON, STOCKS AND OTHERS in Pitt County NC
                  and
                  Greene County NC
                • Jean
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 20, 2002
                    Would that be John Slaughter, Sr, b 1816 and Mary "Polly" Worthington?

                    Did Fannie marry George Nichols?

                    Jean
                    jow@...
                    Researching:
                    South: GA: BAKER; Ireland> Canada> VA: BENNETT; NC: CURLEE; NJ>FL:
                    HAND GA: HOBBS; NC>GA: KEEN(E); NC: MOORE;
                    NC?> GA: NOBLES; NC>VA: PRITCHET; ENG> VA, MD, NC, SC, GA, AL, TN:
                    WE(A)THERINGTON / WITHERINGTON/ WORTHINGTON (over 23,000 names of various
                    spellings);
                    ANYWHERE: W(E(A))(I)THERINGTON or any resemblance

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 21, 2002
                      Yes!! She was my grandfather's very beloved mother. She raised
                      four children without George, who died when the children were very
                      young. Do you have more information about the ancesters? Louise

                      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                    • Jean
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 30, 2003
                        Christine,

                        Just a little late in responding to this message.

                        Could your Mary Slaughter be Mary "Polly" (Worthington) Witherington,
                        daughter of Spire (Worthington) Witherington, Sr and Rebecca McGlohon?

                        Jean
                        jow@...
                        We all have ancestors buried in our past

                      • cfuller@bellsouth.net
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 30, 2003
                          Hi Jean--I do not really know much about my Slaughter's?I am trying to connect them to the Pitt Co. Slaughter's.I guess the Mary you are talking about was the one married to John Slaughter--mother to Matthew and John?
                          Christine

                        • LdMel1@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 10, 2003
                            I am looking Francis Slaughter, white male age 14 in the 1850 Greene Co.
                            Census in the Richard Hill household.
                            Linda