Re: [genpcncfir] Look-up in 1870 Census - Pate

  • Gloria Taylor
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 6 9:29 PM
      Marilyn
      Yes, it would be 1870 Pitt Co Census and most likely in Swift Creek Vicinity toward Vanceboro.  I found in 1850 Census in Pitt and should be in Pitt in 1870.  Nothing like bouncing around is there?

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 7 4:34 AM
        Gloria
        Ancestry shows:
        1870 PATE WALTER Beaufort County NC 093 Pantego Township Federal
        Population Schedule NC 1870 Federal Census Index NC523227292

        Sue
        WARREN WILLIAMS ect

        --- In genpcncfir@y..., "Gloria Taylor" <glot@n...> wrote:
        > Marilyn
        > Yes, it would be 1870 Pitt Co Census and most likely in Swift Creek
        Vicinity toward Vanceboro. I found in 1850 Census in Pitt and should
        be in Pitt in 1870. Nothing like bouncing around is there?

        Service.
      • Robert L. Capps
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 7 6:48 AM
          Gloria,

          I'm looking at the census in 1880 for you...it just takes a little
          longer to read, there are 55 sheets for your township.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 7 7:24 PM
            Sue,
            Thanks for the info.  That at least gives me another try.  However, William was in Craven or Pitt Co. during this time, as he has deeds in Craven.  I'm thinking he may have been split between the two counties since he is listed in Pitt with children in 1850 Pitt Census.  Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
            gloria

            1870 PATE WALTER Beaufort County NC 093 Pantego Township Federal
            Population Schedule NC 1870 Federal Census Index NC523227292

            Sue
            WARREN WILLIAMS ect

            --- In genpcncfir@y..., "Gloria Taylor" <glot@n...> wrote:
            > Marilyn
            > Yes, it would be 1870 Pitt Co Census and most likely in Swift Creek
            Vicinity toward Vanceboro.  I found in 1850 Census in Pitt and should
            be in Pitt in 1870.  Nothing like bouncing around is there?

            Service.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 7 7:31 PM
              You are a doll.  50 pages, wow.  That would be Ancestry?  That will take some time!  Please do not go to all that trouble.  I will take a look on microfilm in a few weeks.  I just thought the 1870 census may have been written and someone had a book or C-D. Thanks for the williness to do this for me, but Please do not spend that much time on it. I have heard Ancestry's scans were very slow, even if you have high speed.  Thanks anyway.
              Gloria

              Looking for Nelson family lines in Pitt Co and Taylor Family lines in Craven and surrounding Co.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 7 8:21 PM
                1870 NC Census Index lists
                 William Pate -   57     born NC-  Pitt County- Swift Creek Twp -  1155-209

                Hope this is helpful.
                Linda Melvin
              • Robert L. Capps
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 7 8:42 PM
                  Gloria,

                  I went through the 1880 census images for in Swift Creek District.
                  Do you think he could have been in another district? I could not find
                  him in in Swift Creek District. (Yes I checked each and every page of
                  the 55 page images.

                  District 121
                  Belvoir Township E. of County road
                  running from R.R. Bridge on
                  Coneta Creek by the Creek Road, via M
                  Bryants to the Pactolus
                  Township Line near Julius Barnhill's

                  District 122
                  Belvidere Township W. of County road
                  running from R.R. Bridge
                  on Coneta Creek by the Creek road, via
                  McBryants to the
                  Pactolus Township Line, near Julius
                  Barnhill's

                  District 123
                  Chicod Township

                  District 124
                  Contentnea Township

                  District 125
                  Falkland Township

                  District 126
                  Farmerville Township

                  District 127
                  Greenville Township N. side Far River

                  District 127
                  Greenville Township N. side Far River

                  District 128
                  Greenville Township S. side Far River
                  including Town of
                  Greenville

                  District 129
                  Pactolus Township

                  District 130
                  Swift Creek Township

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 7 9:46 PM
                    Yes, THANK YOU very much. You are a doll.
                    Gloria

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 7 9:56 PM
                      Marilyn,
                      I'm sure he was either in Pitt or Craven at that time. Since he had been listed in the 1850 & now 1870 Pitt Census, I thought surely he would have been there still in 1880.  He is not in Craven, but owns land there, so just another puzzle.  Just have to try another county.  Wayne and Lenoir are full of Pates and I was hoping to avoid going through them, but looks like that is in store, regardless.

                      THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for looking for me.  I know it took all of your afternoon.  What can I do for you in return?  Just let me know.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 8 8:00 AM
                        Gloria,

                        I'll still check in Pitt Co. for you first, but will just check out
                        another district, and then try Craven and other counties.

                        No problem.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 8 6:50 PM
                          Marilyn,
                          Thank you so much for all you are doing.  I really do appreciate it.

                        • Cemetaries@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 10 11:24 AM
                            am looking for the Bryan's from Craven County, N.C. need some help, please
                            thaks alot Andrew Jerry Bryan, Jerry Bryan was born in Pollockville, N.C.
                          • Cemetaries@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 10 11:26 AM
                              Gloria, am looking for info about the Bryan's from Craven County, NC. My
                              GGrandfather was Jerry Bryan born in Pollockville, NC thanks Andrew Bryan
                            • Robert L. Capps
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 24 9:55 PM
                                Gloria,

                                This might be a place for you to check out the Pate family...

                                http://www.angelfire.com/md/dotsplace/indexp.html

                                Census Index P

                                Pate, A. G.
                                Pate, Allice
                                Pate, Amos
                                Pate, Angelina
                                Pate, Anna L.
                                Pate, Anna Lee
                                Pate, Anna
                                Pate, Avis L. J.
                                Pate, Baby
                                Pate, Betsey
                                Pate, Betsey
                                Pate, Bryant H.
                                Pate, Bryant
                                Pate, Buckston
                                Pate, Bynum
                                Pate, Calvin
                                Pate, Caroline
                                Pate, Cenith
                                Pate, Charles
                                Pate, Charlotte
                                Pate, Chelly
                                Pate, Christian M.
                                Pate, Christian
                                Pate, Claracy
                                Pate, Claracy
                                Pate, Coba D.
                                Pate, Coor
                                Pate, D. C.
                                Pate, D. E.
                                Pate, Daniel B.
                                Pate, Daniel
                                Pate, Daniel
                                Pate, David
                                Pate, E. T.
                                Pate, Eastland
                                Pate, Edmond
                                Pate, Elias
                                Pate, Elijah
                                Pate, Elizabeth
                                Pate, Elizabeth
                                Pate, Elizabeth
                                Pate, Elizabeth
                                Pate, Elizabeth
                                Pate, Elizabeth
                                Pate, Elizabeth
                                Pate, Elizabeth
                                Pate, Emer
                                Pate, Emily
                                Pate, Emma
                                Pate, F. M.
                                Pate, Francis M.
                                Pate, George
                                Pate, Georgianna
                                Pate, Goodue
                                Pate, Hassel
                                Pate, Henrietta
                                Pate, Henry B.
                                Pate, Henry F.
                                Pate, Henry
                                Pate, Hyman
                                Pate, Imigin
                                Pate, Imigin
                                Pate, Isabel
                                Pate, Jack Ann
                                Pate, Jackann
                                Pate, Jackson
                                Pate, James A.
                                Pate, James B.
                                Pate, James D.
                                Pate, James R.
                                Pate, James
                                Pate, Jane F.
                                Pate, John B. H.
                                Pate, John B.
                                Pate, John R.
                                Pate, John D.
                                Pate, John
                                Pate, John
                                Pate, Joseph
                                Pate, Leafy N.
                                Pate, Leafy P.
                                Pate, Lemon M.
                                Pate, Lewis
                                Pate, Louis B.
                                Pate, Louvenia
                                Pate, Lucina
                                Pate, Lucretia
                                Pate, Mack D.
                                Pate, Major
                                Pate, Malinda
                                Pate, Marcellus
                                Pate, Mariah K. [or T.E.]
                                Pate, Mark
                                Pate, Martha C.
                                Pate, Matthew
                                Pate, Missouri
                                Pate, Nancy A.
                                Pate, Nancy
                                Pate, Narcis. E.
                                Pate, Oceana
                                Pate, Orleana
                                Pate, Patience
                                Pate, Patsey
                                Pate, Penny
                                Pate, Pernecy
                                Pate, Piercy A.
                                Pate, Polly P.
                                Pate, Polly
                                Pate, Polly
                                Pate, Polly
                                Pate, Priscilla
                                Pate, Rich'd
                                Pate, Robert B.
                                Pate, Sally A.
                                Pate, Sally
                                Pate, Saml. D.
                                Pate, Samuel
                                Pate, Sarah J.
                                Pate, Sarah
                                Pate, Shadrick
                                Pate, Sherard H.
                                Pate, Silas D.
                                Pate, Smithy
                                Pate, Stephen
                                Pate, Stephen
                                Pate, Sterling
                                Pate, Susan C.
                                Pate, Susan
                                Pate, Susannah
                                Pate, Tabitha
                                Pate, Thomas J.
                                Pate, Troy
                                Pate, V.C.
                                Pate, Vicy
                                Pate, Weddell
                                Pate, Willoby
                                Pate, Winney
                                Pate, Wm. C.
                                Pate, Wm. J.
                                Pate, Wm. B.
                                Pate, Wm.
                                Pate, Zilpah
                                Pate, Zilpha
                                Pate, Zilpha

                                Gloria Taylor wrote:

                                > Would someone do a look-up for me in the 1870 Census, if there is one
                                > easily available or has easy acess? I do not remember if if there has
                                > been one transcrpbed or not. I am looking for a William Pate in this
                                > census. Thank you very much,Gloria Taylor

                                > group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research.

                                Marilyn

                                RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/WYNN
                                robertlcapps@...
                                Give your troubles to the Lord before you go to sleep;
                                He will be up all night anyway!