Re: [genpcfr] Pitt County Deeds

  • Gloria Taylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2001
      Dianne,
      Greenville has the original documents, therefore, when copied are a whole
      lot clearer. Raleigh has them all on microfilm and some are very difficult
      to read as the film is not as clear as the original. I suggest Greenville.

      Gloria

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2001
        Thanks, Gloria. One more question: since each locality
        is different, are the records at the county
        courthouse, or at the Sheppard Memorial Library?
        Diane
        --- Gloria Taylor <glot@...> wrote:
        > Dianne,
        > Greenville has the original documents, therefore,
        > when copied are a whole
        > lot clearer. Raleigh has them all on microfilm and
        > some are very difficult
        > to read as the film is not as clear as the original.
        > I suggest Greenville.
        >
        > Gloria

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Gloria Taylor
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2001
          Diane
          Deeds, wills, estates and marriages are at the court house. Sheppard
          Memorial Library has film and Lenoir Community Heritage Room has some things
          as well. However, if you want to stay in one facility, the search room at
          Raleigh is good, just the microfilm is not as clear.
          Gloria