Message to Roger Kammerer

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2001
      Roger,
      An Orpha Tyson is buried near William Tyson and my ggrandmother Mary Lula
      Tyson Baker Beddard in Reedy Branch. I believe but cannot yet prove that
      William and Mary Lula's mother was Frances Moye. I think she married a
      Tyson, but I don't know which one. If that's so, that would make Orpha
      Tyson and Alfred Moye my ggggrandparents, right? William was born about
      1860. (Something is odd about his birth year. His headstone reads 1861, but
      I think that's incorrect. We may never know why.Perhaps he was conceived out
      of wedlock and his birth year changed to protect everyone involved.) Mary
      Lula was born 1866. That means her father survived the CW. On Mary Lula's
      marriage certificate, a G. T. Tyson conducted the service. Somewhere I ran
      across the name George Thomas Tyson. If that person is William and Mary
      Lula's father, that would explain why her death certificate lists Tom Tyson
      as her father. Her marriage certificate lists no father but lists Frances
      as her mother. George is one of the men listed in the 1860 but not 1870
      Greene County census lists with a Frances. If I'm putting the pieces
      together right, Frances and George Thomas would have married between 1850
      and 1860. He would have died between 1866 and 1870. Also, I'm wondering if
      George's father could have been a William Thomas Tyson, perhaps that is the
      Thomas Tyson listed in Greene Co. in 1850 and 1860 censuses but not 1870.
      Of course, this is all speculation.

      I think I'm getting closer, anyhow. I keep coming back to you because I know
      that you are interested in the Moyes. Roger, later today I will send you
      the page of notes I sent Paul D. Tyson last week. It contains census info
      for the Tyson family I'm studying for Greene Co. 1850, 1860, and 1870 and
      other info.

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC
      http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/9883

    • Martha Marble
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2001
        Paula,

        I am not following you. Which one of Alfred and Orpha Tyson Moye's children
        do you think you come down. Alfred had a daughter, Mary Frances "Fanny" who
        married Henry Clay Edwards. I descend from Priscilla Moye Lang the daughter
        of Alfred through her daughter Lula Lee Lang Mewborn

        Martha

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 10, 2001
          Martha,
          How long were Mary Frances and Henry Clay married? Did they have children?
          Could Mary Frances have married a Tyson as a second marriage? William would
          have been born about 1860.

          Paula

          From: Martha Marble <mmarble@...>
          To: genpcfr@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [genpcfr] Message to Roger Kammerer
          Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:01:21 -0400

          Paula,

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2001
            Martha,
            Interesting that the name "Lula" is in mine and yours? I come down from
            that bunch somehow. Living next door to Thomas Tyson and Rachel in Greene
            Co in 1850 is Penelope Moye. They are all incorrectly listed as Moyes in
            the 1850 Greene Co. census. I'll send you the page of notes. Also, one of
            Thomas and Rachel Tyson's children, Henry, had a son named Alfred. I'll
            send you what I have and you can look it over.

            Paula

            From: Martha Marble <mmarble@...>
            To: genpcfr@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:01:21 -0400

            Paula,

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2001
              The May/Lang book has no additional information. The May/Tyson Book only
              states that they had a daughter Florence E. who md William Robert Horne. No
              dates - you might check the census.

              Martha