Re: [genpcfr] Outlaw family

  • Robert L. Capps
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1 4:36 AM
      Thank you Gayle, it will be on the way to you.

      Marilyn
    • James Shivers
      Message 2 of 20 , May 1 4:45 PM
        Thank You Gayle - One small mystery solved.

        Cynthia M Flatt
        Cynthia M Redditt
        Cynthia M Outlaw

        The Redditt family information lists
        Cynthia M Redditt daughter of (Josiah Redditt and Sarah Williams) married
        James V Flatt. Their daughter Cynthia M Flatt married John Canada Outlaw.
        This is the confusion that has slowed my progress. It looked as though
        Cynthia Redditt married a second time when it was their daughter.
        I am sending the SASE out today for copies of what you have on it.

        Again Thank You.

        James Shivers
        shivers@...
        http://www.xtremechat.org

        Researching the Shivers , Redditt , Williams , Gregory families from
        Va,Nc,Tn,Ms,Ark.

        A genealogist disquised as a name collector. Without all the names/pieces ,
        my puzzle will never fit together.
      • Gayle
        Message 3 of 20 , May 4 6:48 PM
          Glad to help. I am leaving on Sunday and returning on Sat. Will get copies
          to you as soon as I return. Gayle
          Still trying to find the parents of my William Williams of Halifax County,
          VA. b. abt 1750
          migrated to Sampson County, NC after 1790
          named his sons: William, Nathan, Reddin, Arthur Williams. Gayle
          > Thank You Gayle - One small mystery solved.
          >
          > Cynthia M Flatt
          > Cynthia M Redditt
          > Cynthia M Outlaw
          >
          > The Redditt family information lists
          > Cynthia M Redditt daughter of (Josiah Redditt and Sarah Williams) married
          > James V Flatt. Their daughter Cynthia M Flatt married John Canada Outlaw.
          > This is the confusion that has slowed my progress. It looked as though
          > Cynthia Redditt married a second time when it was their daughter.
          > I am sending the SASE out today for copies of what you have on it.
          >
          > Again Thank You.
          >
          > James Shivers
          > shivers@...
          > http://www.xtremechat.org
          >
          > Researching the Shivers , Redditt , Williams , Gregory families from
          > Va,Nc,Tn,Ms,Ark.
          >

          > A genealogist disquised as a name collector. Without all the names/pieces
          ,
          > my puzzle will never fit together.
          >

          > Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS

        • Gayle
          Message 4 of 20 , May 13 9:33 PM
            Marilyn,
            I am back from Wayne County now if you want the copy. The info you are
            posting from ancestry.com is there anything for Williams/Mozingo/Garris/
            Thank you. Gayle
            BTW the Magnolia Trees were beautifully in bloom.

            Message 5 of 20 , May 14 4:14 AM
              Gayle,

              Do you want everything I can find on just the surnames Williams/Mozingo/Garris, or do you have specific ones to look
              up? I'll send you everything I can find this evening. Also I need your address?

              Marilyn

              Gayle wrote:

              > Marilyn,
              > I am back from Wayne County now if you want the copy. The info you are
              > posting from ancestry.com is there anything for Williams/Mozingo/Garris/
              > Thank you. Gayle
              > BTW the Magnolia Trees were beautifully in bloom. I BET THEY WERE.............

              researching: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/WARD OR WELCH/WYNN
            • Robert L. Capps

                Message 7 of 20 , May 14 7:52 PM
                  Marilyn,
                  Anything you have on the Mozingo's
                  I am trying to find out if Pierce Mozingo might have been married to a Sarah
                  Graddy or Bryant... Also anything on Bryant's of Dobbs/Lenior/Greene
                  Counties.
                  My address is Gayle Licari
                  809 W. Winnie Lane
                  Carson City, NV 89703
                  Happy to send what I have. The way the Outlaw book works is you can trace
                  your ancestors back by the numbering system he used both back and forward.
                  The library in Goldsboro has a copy of the book I believe-if not the Craven
                  County Library has a copy.
                  Thank you, Gayle

                  Message 8 of 20 , May 14 8:04 PM
                    Yes and Virginia. Thank you. Gayle

                    Message 9 of 20 , May 23 6:28 PM
                      Marilyn,
                      Did you decide against the copy for your OUTLAWs?
                      Also do you have a Haywood CAPPS who married a_________Mozingo? Thank you.
                      Gayle L.

                      Message 10 of 20 , May 23 7:54 PM
                        Gayle,

                        I haven't decided against a copy of my Outlaw's, I just don't have much except that Levenia Outlaw married Daniel Wynns
                        (have abstract of their wills - have ordered the wills, hopefully they will be here by next week. I just recently
                        found out that Levenia was an Outlaw, her family is hard to really find much on. Their daughter is who I am really
                        trying to find....NANCY CAROLINE WYNNS who married William Clark, son of John and Tamar Clark.

                        When I get the wills would you like a copy of them?

                        As for Haywood CAPPS, I'll get Bob to pull out his family chart and do some checking? Do you have a range of years?
                        also who his father was?

                        Message 11 of 20 , May 23 8:31 PM
                          Marilyn,
                          I thought it was the Agnes Knott's entry you wanted...
                          Haywood Capps married ______ Mozingo about 1859. That is all I know. I
                          have the Outlaw Book. I really don't need the wills.
                          Did you check the Ancestry for Joshua Bryant and John Bryant and David
                          Bryant for Greene/Lenoir Counties. Thank you, Gayle

                          Message 12 of 20 , May 23 8:55 PM
                            Gayle,

                            Agnes Knott was Levenia's mother...do you have any other information on her?

                            > Did you check the Ancestry for Joshua Bryant and John Bryant and David
                            > Bryant for Greene/Lenoir Counties. Thank you, Gayle

                            DO YOU HAVE ANY DATES OR WIVES NAMES FOR ME TO BY...THERE ARE QUITE A FEW OF EACH LISTED.

                            Message 13 of 20 , May 23 9:13 PM
                              Marilyn,
                              I just have that one entry I posted to about three weeks ago. That is all.

                              Message 14 of 20 , May 23 9:14 PM
                                I don't have wives names. I am looking for
                                possibly a Sarah Bryant who may have been b. about 1760...Gayle