[genpcfr] Olde Kinston Gazette

  • psmartoc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 1999
      I don't know if many of you know about Ted Sampley's newspaper called the
      Olde Kinston Gazette. I am not connected with this in any way, but I am a
      subscriber and I have found it fascinating.
      Sampley's mission is:
      "The Olde Kinston Gazette is a feature oriented regional newspaper with a
      mission of helping preserve and revitalize eastern North Carolina's
      wonderfully colorful, proud and historic culture."

      Basically, the newspaper is a collection of old newspaper articles about
      events that occurred in Kinston or the surrounding area.
      The issue I received today has:
      1. Civil War Hero Murdered in Pitt County (Maj. Gen. Bryan Grimes)
      2. History of Lenoir County and Kinston Now Available....this is a current
      news article
      3. Kinston Man Remembers Father's WW1 Experience
      4. Murder in S.C. ...Wilmington Messenger Jan 26, 1900
      5.Irate Parents Flog Son in Barroom...Wilmington, NC Jan. 16, 1900
      6. Stories from the Civil War
      7. Kinston's Progress....tells who built which stores and homes ...Jan. 5 1898

      It is published monthly by Sampley Enterprises, P.O. Box 246 Kinston, NC
      28502...(telephone #)252-527-0442

      Carol Pridgen Martoccia 903 East Fifth St. Greenville, NC 27858
      PRIDGEN Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/6297
      PRIDGEN Archives: http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl
      List manager for the Pridgen Family and for Wilson County, NC (NCWilson)