[genpcfr] Re: Double dates

  • NULAT@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 1999
      The little that I know about double dates.
      You will not see double dates beginning with the year 1753. Through 1752 the
      new year started on March 25 instead of January 1. So, any document that was
      drafted in the months of January, February and until March 25 will bear the
      double date. Example: I January 1732/33 according to our current calender
      would be just plain 1733. Hope I haven't confused the issue even more.

      Nula

    • Everettcj@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 1999
        That was fascinting, Glenn. Thank you for enlightening us. I never even knew
        there had been a change!

        Carol