[genpcfr] Re: Blounts

  • JGrimes227@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 1999
      Ruth: Thanks very much for the info. Do you perchance know who the others
      (Latham Hodges, Perry, Carter, Warren, Wharton, Small, Blount.) belong to? I
      noticed you are using Erols - are you living in the Washington, DC area? I
      live in Fairfax Station, VA. John

      Also, do you know what first name the abbreviation "Jno" stands for? It seems
      to be for the name John - but pretty silly to abbreviate just to save writing
      one more letter.

      Also, can you shed some light on the double year dating. That is, even with
      FTW, if I put in 1732, it will give me 1732-3. Must have been a quirk in the
      calendar, I just don't know the years it covered and "howcum". If I keep
      asking dumb questions like this, no one will ever answer me again - so g'night
      all.

    • Janice TRIPP Gurganus
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 1999
        John Grimes,

        Your questions are not dumb at all, and they help many of us who are
        relatively new to genealogy to learn more about the old ways of recording
        information. I have wondered about these same questions that you've just
        asked.

        Janice TRIPP Gurganus
        PCFR Assistant Secretary
        Primary surnames: TRIPP, TURNER, MOYE, HARRIS, BELL, NICHOLS, DAIL, BARBER,
        CANNON, SUTTON, FRIZZELLE, VINCENT

        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908/
        genpcfr@...

      • Pierce3369@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16 3:00 AM
          Does anyone have marriage dates for Bryan Blount & Elizabeth Salter, probably
          around 1780, and Eleazer Ellis & Nancy Bonner Blount, probably around 1810?
          Thanks.
          Sammy