[genpcfr] Re: ROLLINS

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 1999
      Hi Robert,

      You wrote:

      >>>I have found a Charles Rollins who married Hannah and had a daughter
      named Hannah who married Enoch Davenport b. Hyde Co. d. Pitt Co..
      >>>I also found Rebecca Rollins, b. ca. 1790 d. 1865 Pitt Co., NC., d/o
      Charles and Hannah who married William (Billy) Ross b. ca 1790 d. 1858
      or 1859 Pitt Co. NC.
      Robert Kirk>>>

      Where did you find these?

      Have you seen documentation for Hannah and Enoch's marriage? I've only
      been able to make tentative connections between the 2 Rollins daughters
      (Hannah and Lydia) who married Davenports. One apparently married Enoch,
      and the other must have married Edmund. Would love to know your source.

      Betsy

    • Robert Kirk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 1999
        Dear Betsy,

        Glad to hear from you. Hope you had a nice Christmas and a happy New Year. I
        found that info in the groups pedigree charts. They where done by; James S.
        Davenport in Norfolk, VA in 1993. & Tillie Moore in Burbank, CA in May 1995.
        I can only give out what they turned in. I have no real proof to any info.
        As for any researcher doing Genealogy, you know you can only trust a source
        when you see the real document in person.

        By the way, The web page is the best I have ever seen it as long as we have
        had one. I have some papers to give you for the qtrly. If you need anything
        or help, let me know.
        RK
        >named Hannah who married Enoch Davenport b. Hyde Co. d. Pitt Co..
        >Charles and Hannah who married William (Billy) Ross b. ca 1790 d. 1858
        >or 1859 Pitt Co. NC.
        >Robert Kirk>>>
        >
        >Where did you find these?
        >
        >Have you seen documentation for Hannah and Enoch's marriage? I've only
        >been able to make tentative connections between the 2 Rollins daughters
        >(Hannah and Lydia) who married Davenports. One apparently married Enoch,
        >and the other must have married Edmund. Would love to know your source.
        >
        >Betsy

        >The Bowl Championship Series on ESPN.com.
        >We are there. Join us...
        >http://offers.egroups.com/click/187/0
        >
        >eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/genpcfr

      • redlemon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 1999
          Betsy,
          Just wondering how you were getting along after your surgery.  Have you gone home yet?  The last time we talked you were staying with your children.
          By-the-way, Do you know anyone I can contact in Chowan, Perquimans, Gates and Northampton co who might help me with the Jenkins, Perry, Terrys, Dunford and Duprees?
          Take care of yourself,
          Jim Jenkins.
          Jim Jenkins