Re: [genpcfr] Early Kennedy & Moore Families of Pitt and Beaufort Counties

  • feonadorf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2001
      Bob,

      I think we are related but haven't gotten into enough to figure out how, I
      see tons of names I know.

      Thanks,
      Lisa Scarola
    • Gayle
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2001
        Hi Can you tell me if any of your Kennedy were from Richmond County or
        Westmoreland County VA? thanx
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2001
          Gayle
          I found this in "Early Records Of North Carolina, Vol. VII, WILLS. 1750 -
          1755 (From the Sectary Of State Papers) abstracted by Dr. . Stephen E.
          Bradley, Jr. The lead for this information came from Melanie H. Kennedy Va.
          Beach VA.
          (This is a short abstract on the information in the Book.)

          1751 NC, Beaufort Co. John Kennedy of Virginia named in will of William
          Adams,
          John was named as brother to William Adam's wife Ann and was left 320a north
          side of Pamplico River and west side of Trantors Creek (reserving 100 a for
          William Adam's wife). Will was undated, pro Jun court 1751"

          Death of Ann Adams is listed in the 1767 Kennedy family Bible.
          Ann Adams left her estate to John Kennedy Jr. and his wife Elizabeth.

          If you have any leads on this I would be extremely happy to have them.
          There is one other indication published in a DAR Application that stated
          that John Kennedy was from VA.

          Bob