Early Kennedy & Moore Families of Pitt and Beaufort Counties

  • Robert Moore
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2001
      I have recently put up a web containing my Kennedy and Moore Families from
      Beaufort and Pitt Counties North Carolina. Please feel free to visit.

      http://moore.greystar.org/

      Researching:
      Kennedy, Moore, Forbes, Whichard and many others.

      Bob Moore
    • feonadorf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2001
        Bob,

        I think we are related but haven't gotten into enough to figure out how, I
        see tons of names I know.

        Thanks,
        Lisa Scarola
      • James Stewart
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2001
          Robert, we enjoyed your website. Please let us know if you add or
          need info on Charles, Henry or Hardy Smith ancestors/descendents etc.
          Our David Smith, son of Henry in this line, was married to Jemima
          Hardee of Pitt Co.

          Best regards,
          Sue (Smith) Stewart

          >I have recently put up a web containing my Kennedy and Moore
          >Families from
          >Beaufort and Pitt Counties North Carolina. Please feel free to
          >visit.
          >
          >http://moore.greystar.org/
          >
          >Researching:
          > Kennedy, Moore, Forbes, Whichard and many others.
          >
          >Bob Moore

          >---------------------~-~>
          >Make good on the promise you made at graduation to keep
          >in touch. Classmates.com has over 14 million registered
          >high school alumni--chances are you'll find your friends!
          >http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/y5JVlB/TM
          >_->
          >
          >Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY
          >RESEARCHERS website. Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:

          >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Gayle
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2001
            Hi Can you tell me if any of your Kennedy were from Richmond County or
            Westmoreland County VA? thanx

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 8, 2001
              Gayle
              I found this in "Early Records Of North Carolina, Vol. VII, WILLS. 1750 -
              1755 (From the Sectary Of State Papers) abstracted by Dr. . Stephen E.
              Bradley, Jr. The lead for this information came from Melanie H. Kennedy Va.
              Beach VA.
              (This is a short abstract on the information in the Book.)

              1751 NC, Beaufort Co. John Kennedy of Virginia named in will of William
              Adams,
              John was named as brother to William Adam's wife Ann and was left 320a north
              side of Pamplico River and west side of Trantors Creek (reserving 100 a for
              William Adam's wife). Will was undated, pro Jun court 1751"

              Death of Ann Adams is listed in the 1767 Kennedy family Bible.
              Ann Adams left her estate to John Kennedy Jr. and his wife Elizabeth.

              If you have any leads on this I would be extremely happy to have them.
              There is one other indication published in a DAR Application that stated
              that John Kennedy was from VA.

              Bob