Re: [genpcfr] - McGOWAN

  • feonadorf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
      Jewelle,

      I haven't been able to prove it yet, however in my thinking this is what I
      believe. I think Louisa was daughter of my ancestor George W. McGowan and his
      wife Allifair. I base this on the fact that there are names that are
      similiar. Example, Guilford, George, William, Franklin.
      The only problem I've incountered Is that all I can find is the 1790 head of
      household, and the 1850 census.  Louisa would have been married by this time
      and would not have been listed with her father.

      I have thought about this for awhile, I came across her when I was going over
      the Pitt County Chronicles article about her family.

      Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

      Sincerely,
      Lisa

    • Robert L. Capps
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2001
        Jewelle,

        Do you have any McGowan's or anyone else that you want me to research on the Civil War Database? Don't forget to give
        me their first name. Anyone else?

        Marilyn
        Without documentation, I'm just a "name collector", not a "family historian".

        RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/WYNN