Re: [genpcfr] - McGOWAN

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
      Marilyn ... you are just wonderful!!! thank you for the caring and
      generosity you give to everyone!!
      This is such a great Group!!! I'm so proud of each and everyone of
      you for unselfishly reaching out to each other and sharing your resources
      and expertise!!!!

      Lisa and Marilyn...
      my McGOWAN is one of my 'Brick-Walls' :

      Louise (Louisa) McGOWAN, b.1 Jan 1807 d.15 Oct 1879; m. GGGrandfather
      John JACKSON b. 7 Nov 1804 d. 23 May 1863; both buried in JACKSON Graveyard
      on family land.

      Lisa... I'll appreciate having a copy of your McGOWAN info. Any
      connection???
      Thank you all!!
      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      Main SURNAMES:
      CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McGLAWHORN (all sp); WINGATE; +++

      Visit PCFR's website:

      From: feonadorf@...

      Jewel,

      I have always wondered which McGowan's your ancestors were. I have a list of
      McGowan on census lists in and around Pitt County from 1790 - 1900. Would be
      happy to look up any there for you. Just let me know.

      Lisa
    • feonadorf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
        Jewelle,

        I haven't been able to prove it yet, however in my thinking this is what I
        believe. I think Louisa was daughter of my ancestor George W. McGowan and his
        wife Allifair. I base this on the fact that there are names that are
        similiar. Example, Guilford, George, William, Franklin.
        The only problem I've incountered Is that all I can find is the 1790 head of
        household, and the 1850 census.  Louisa would have been married by this time
        and would not have been listed with her father.

        I have thought about this for awhile, I came across her when I was going over
        the Pitt County Chronicles article about her family.

        Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

        Sincerely,
        Lisa

      • Robert L. Capps
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2001
          Jewelle,

          Do you have any McGowan's or anyone else that you want me to research on the Civil War Database? Don't forget to give
          me their first name. Anyone else?

          Marilyn
          Without documentation, I'm just a "name collector", not a "family historian".

          RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/WYNN