Re: [genpcfr] Bertie Co. Info. Available - SHIVERS

  • James Shivers
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
      Could you do a Shivers lookup in Bertie County for me.
    • Robert L. Capps
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
        James,

        There were no Shivers in the Bertie Vital Statistics....give me the name and I'll search under Ancestry.com for you.

        Marilyn

        James Shivers wrote:

        > Could you do a Shivers lookup in Bertie County for me.
        >

        > Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website. Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:

        Marilyn

        Without documentation, I'm just a "name collector", not a "family historian".

        RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/WYNN
      • Robert L. Capps
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
          James,

          There are 1,444 entries for the name Shivers...

          here a few of the marriage bonds for N.C. for Shivers: and one will abstract.
          from Ancestry.com

          Database: North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868
          Combined Matches: 4
          North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868

          Bride: Francis Butler
          Groom: John H Shivers
          Bond Date: 16 Aug 1865
          County: Craven
          Record #: 03 308
          Bondsman: Alexander Made his Mark F
          Witness: Jas. C. Morriso
          Bond #: 000029437
          Marriage Date: 25 Aug 1865
          Performed By: Joseph Green
          Comment: Colored; Colored
          Click to view full context

          North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868

          Bride: Prisilia Shevers
          Groom: Caleb Goodwin
          Bond Date: 07 Jul 1825
          County: Perquimans
          Record #: 01 034
          Bondsman: John Lane
          Witness: John Wood
          Bond #: 000104966
          Comment: or Prisilia Shivers
          Click to view full context

          North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868

          Bride: Elizabeth Shivers
          Groom: Francis Hopson
          Bond Date: 18 Nov 1757
          County: Tyrell
          Record #: 01 063
          Bondsman: Francis Kennedy
          Witness: Patience Alliso; Fr Ward
          Bond #: 000149605
          Click to view full context

          North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868

          Bride: Vina Wootten
          Groom: Reading Corbitt
          Bond Date: 22 Jan 1823
          County: Edgecombe
          Record #: 01 041
          Bondsman: H. Willeford; Clemons Shivers
          Witness: Ml Hearn
          Bond #: 000043210
          Click to view full context

          Database: North Carolina Will Abstracts, 1760-1800
          Combined Matches: 1
          the North Carolina Wills
          S.
          page 19
          1780 SHIVERS, SARAH, Mary, Pheraba and Elizabeth.