Bertie Co. Info. Available

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 3:52 PM
      Hello Group,
      Bertie County Information will be available with FREE access thru 12
      April.
      Perhaps one day, Pitt County Chronicles will be online (dream-on)! :)

      BERTIE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA VITAL STATISTICS, 1700S-1920

      Bertie County, North Carolina was formed in 1722 from Chowan County. The
      county seat is Windsor. This database is abstracted from a county history
      that was published locally. The book is divided into two sections: (1) a
      general history of Bertie County, and (2) a biography of about 600 families
      that contains more than 184,000 names. Because of its narrative nature, the
      book often answers questions not addressed in census and state records. It
      is an excellent supplement to more traditional records. Fields of
      information include: name, birth date, birthplace, spouse, marriage date,
      marriage location, father's name, mother's name, children, date of death,
      place of death, last known location, other notes, race, military, and
      occupation.

      Source Information: Herrin, Cynthia, comp. "Bertie County, North Carolina
      Vital Statistics, 1700s-1920." [database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com,
      2001. Original data: Sentinel Publications. "Bertie Beginnings: The Story of
      Our County and Its Distinguished Citizens." Lewiston-Woodville, NC: Sentinel
      Publications, 1921.

      To search this database, go to:
      http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/inddbs/5515.htm
      Enjoy!

      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      Main SURNAMES:
      CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McLAWHORN (all sp); WINGATE; +++

      Visit PCFR's website:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
    • Robert L. Capps
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 9:33 PM
        Jewelle,

        If there are any names that you can think of I can look them up and post them to the group.
        By the way there are over 210 names for Cox.

        Marilyn

        Without documentation, I'm just a "name collector", not a "family historian".

        RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/WYNN
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 8:59 AM
          Marilyn...
          How generous of you! COX would be a good start....
          McGOWAN; BONNER; BLOUNT ....
          to name a few.
          Anyone else, Group???
          Thank you Marilyn....
          Jewelle

          jewelle@...
          Main SURNAMES:
          CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McGLOHON (all sp); WINGATE; +++

          Visit PCFR website:

        • feonadorf@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 5:48 PM
            Jewel,

            I have always wondered which McGowans your ancestors were. I have a list of
            McGowan on census lists in and around Pitt County from 1790 - 1900. Would be
            happy to look up any there for you. Just let me know.

            Lisa