Re: [genpcfr] Ward's of Pitt Co

  • Darlene Whitfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 11:22 AM
      Rhonda W.
      You may want to also try Greene Co. There were some Ward's over there. I
      have two sets of Ward's in my families, both different. Once came from
      Craven Co. to Pitt and lived int he Farmville are. Name of course is John.
      His wife was Bettie McCoy, they had twelve children, mostly girls. Some of
      his family moved to Grimesland. The other John Ward was from Greene Co.
      His mother was Susan. He was married and had three to four children (only
      one son). Then he remarried my great-grandmother - Bessie Moore McCoy, who
      had two children by her McCoy husband, Henry. Henry was Bettie's brother.
      The Moore family were from Farmville area. Bessie & John Ward had one son
      who survived. His name was Linwood. Your Ward names do not sound familiar
      except for the John. But that is a popular name in any century. Hope that
      this helps.
      Darlene
      Researching -
      MOORE, MCCOY, AVERY, NOBLES, HAWKINS, WHITFIELD, MERCER, SADLER, CARAWAN,
      ROBINSON, DRAKE, MCLAWHORN, and all others.

    • Gayle
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 7:52 PM
        Darlene,
        Do you know of a Daniel Ward who was a the son of a Civil War Soldier. His
        mother was a _________ Summerlin. His son was Clayton WARD of Wayne County,
        NC. Gayle L.