Bird/Byrd in Martin Co.

  • Robert L. Capps
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2001
      Charles, Gayle and everyone...

      Here is the information that I found on the Bird/Byrd family in Martin
      Co.

      WILLIAM BIRD - (Tyrell Count) November 8, 1791. Mother: Ann Slaughter;
      brother; Edward Bird. menitoned in his will Fanny Cottrill; John
      Cottrill; (he was the husband of Fanny); Loas Cottrill; (she was the
      daughter of Fanny). Beaver Dam; Paters Neck, Conohoe CR; Solom Cherry;
      Negro: Bird: Alse; Vilet, Rhoda, Chann, Rachel, George, Daniel, Statin,
      Sall; executors: brother Edward; Martin Rason Bird; witnesses: William
      Hooten; Henry Hooten; William Shaw - December 1791.

      This is found on B1P184 of the Martin Co. Abstract of Wills.

      Edward Byrd is mentioned in the will of Jeremiah Slade, Aug. 13, 1824 -
      B2P100...

      From the abstract of deed book A: 1774-1787

      Bird

      Edward
      Isaac
      Job
      Joel
      Martin
      Moses

      Byrd

      Edward
      Isaac
      Martin

      From the abstract of deed books:
      B & C - 1787 - 1801

      BIRD

      Edward
      Martin
      Martin K.
      Martin R.
      Moses
      William Bird, Sr.
      Trudy
      William

      Byrd

      Edward
      Martin
      Moses
      Edward, Sr.
      Wm.

      Byrde, Edward

      1810 Census

      Byrd

      Edward
      Isaac
      William

      --

      Marilyn

      Without documentation, I'm just a "name collector", not a "family
      historian".

      RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/WYNN
    • Charles Baldree
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
        Hi Marilyn:

        Thank you for the Byrd/Bird information. I couldn't connect with any of
        them. My Alfred Byrd seems to be a mystery to every one.

        Charles Baldree