Re: Cornelius Tyson (1808-1894); descendant

  • jbarton851@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 1:51 PM
      Hello Linda:

          According to my file, the first child of Cornelius Tyson and Lydia
      Tucker was Archibald Alfred Tyson (b. 28 Nov 1838, d. 27 Apr 1914).
      Archibald married Margaret Ann Alford.  I have no further details on
      Archibald.

          As far as we know, all families with surnames of Tyson, Tison, Tye?, and
      Tysor that resided in Pitt County (or adjoining counties) are descendants of
      the same John Tyson and Susannika that were first located in deed records in
      the Eastern Shores of Virginia.  Their son, Mathias and family migrated in
      about 1710 to the area that became Pitt County.  The family spent several
      generations in this same area in North Carolina before beginning to spread
      south and west immediately after the Revolutionary War.

           We have accumulated much Tyson/Tison/Tysor data.  Advise me if I can of
      further assistance.

      Jerry Tyson Barton
      Georgetown, Texas
      jbarton851@...