Re: [genpcfr] CORNELIUS TYSON (1808-1838)

  • jbarton851@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2001
      Hello Linda B. Boyette:

          I am with the Tyson Genealogy Network.  Members of our nationwide group
      have been accumulating Tyson and Tyson related data for many years.  A
      preliminary look in my file indicates that I might have some details that
      would fit your description:

        1.  Cornelius Tyson (1808-1894) was the son of Charles Forbes Tyson and
      Unknown.  Cornelius married Lydia Tucker (1821-1895.  Her parents were
      Benjamin Franklin Tucker & Clara Ewell.
         2. Cornelius and Lydia were married in 1838, and by 1860 had 9 children.
      As far as we can determine, this was all in Pitt County, North Carolina.
          3.  For this couple, I could not find a child born in 1866 by the name
      of Martha Amanda Tyson.

          I would be glad to be corrected, and/or explore the Tysons in Pitt
      County further.
      We always searching for contacts to make our Tyson file more complete and
      more correct.

      Jerry Tyson Barton
      Georgetown, Texas
      jbarton851@...
    • Linda B Boyette
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2001
        jbarton851@... wrote:

        > Hello Linda B. Boyette:
        >
        > I am with the Tyson Genealogy Network. Members of our nationwide
        > group
        > have been accumulating Tyson and Tyson related data for many years. A
        >
        > preliminary look in my file indicates that I might have some details
        > that
        > would fit your description:
        >
        > 1. Cornelius Tyson (1808-1894) was the son of Charles Forbes Tyson
        > and
        > Unknown. Cornelius married Lydia Tucker (1821-1895. Her parents were
        >
        > Benjamin Franklin Tucker & Clara Ewell.
        > 2. Cornelius and Lydia were married in 1838, and by 1860 had 9
        > children.
        > As far as we can determine, this was all in Pitt County, North
        > Carolina.
        > 3. For this couple, I could not find a child born in 1866 by the
        > name
        > of Martha Amanda Tyson.
        >
        > I would be glad to be corrected, and/or explore the Tysons in Pitt
        >
        > County further.
        > We always searching for contacts to make our Tyson file more complete
        > and
        > more correct.
        >
        > Jerry Tyson Barton
        > Georgetown, Texas
        > jbarton851@...
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > [www.newaydirect.com]
        >

        > Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY
        > RESEARCHERS website. Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:

        Jerry,

        Was one of Cornelius and Lydia's nine children named Archibald Alfred
        Tyson born on December 3, 1840? One posting ask which Cornelius. Is
        there more than one family line in Pitt?
        --
        Linda B Boyette, C.F.C.S.
        Family and Consumer Education Agent, Bertie County