[genpcfr] New Visitor to Site

  • Mary Jane Poole
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 1998
      Hello all,

      I'm Mary Jane Poole and a member of PCFR and I just decided to visit the
      site.
      Wow! It is Great. Betsy I applaud you. You have alot of very good
      reference things on here. Unfortunately, my family of Grant and
      Dickerson still eludes me other than the census records. Oh well, I'll
      keep plugging away and asking questions and one day I'll get lucky.

      After all, isn't that what this hobby is all about?

      My renewal is in the mail, as of tomorrow, and I hope to hear from you
      all .

      Sincerely,

      Mary Jane Poole
      abby1rose@...

    • Brenda Stocks
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 30, 1998
        Mary Jane,
        Welcome to PCFR. I can't help you with your Grants and Dickersons, but
        hopefully someone can. Post some of your names and dates. I agree with
        you...Betsy has done a wonderful job with the web site.
        Brenda Davis Stocks
        DAVIS,STOKES,COX,HARPER, JONES, HARDEE,ADAMS, TRIPP,STOCKS

        ----------

        http://offers.egroups.com/click/175/0

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 1999
          Mary Jane... a very warm welcome to you... please excuse delay in
          responding... I've just returned!!! So glad to have you aboard!! and
          thanks for all the kind words!!!
          Please send us your SURNAMES and pedigree chart and of course... start
          posting your queries!!! If you have a genealogy home library of any
          size... and would be willing to do 'look-ups' .. please advise. Thank you.
          Now that the holidays are behind us we can all get down to researching and
          sharing again... how bout it Group!!!
          .....and don't forget that all the PCFR renewals and memberships need to
          be in by Jan 31st in order to receive the February PCFR Quarterly!!! Roger
          promises its a good one!!!!
          Welcome, again, Mary Jane!!
          Jewelle

          At 04:53 PM 12/27/98 +0100, you wrote:
          >Hello all,
          >
          >I'm Mary Jane Poole and a member of PCFR and I just decided to visit the
          >site.
          >Wow! It is Great. Betsy I applaud you. You have alot of very good
          >reference things on here. Unfortunately, my family of Grant and
          >Dickerson still eludes me other than the census records. Oh well, I'll
          >keep plugging away and asking questions and one day I'll get lucky.
          >
          >After all, isn't that what this hobby is all about?
          >
          >My renewal is in the mail, as of tomorrow, and I hope to hear from you
          >all .
          >
          >Sincerely,
          >
          >Mary Jane Poole
          >abby1rose@...

        • Mary Jane Poole
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 19, 1999
            Dear Jewelle,

            Afraid I don't have much but some things on my surnames Dickerson and Grant. I'm
            trying to get that info from one computer to the computer here that has the internet.

            I'll be watching and learning though on the site.

            I'm already interested in something someone has posted about the Old Kinston Gazette.
            I've also renewed my membership to PCFR back in Dec.

            Thanks alot for the welcome.

            Mary Jane

            Jewelle Baker wrote:

            > Mary Jane... a very warm welcome to you... please excuse delay in
            > responding... I've just returned!!! So glad to have you aboard!! and
            > thanks for all the kind words!!!
            > Please send us your SURNAMES and pedigree chart and of course... start
            > posting your queries!!! If you have a genealogy home library of any
            > size... and would be willing to do 'look-ups' .. please advise. Thank you.
            > Now that the holidays are behind us we can all get down to researching and
            > sharing again... how bout it Group!!!
            > .....and don't forget that all the PCFR renewals and memberships need to
            > be in by Jan 31st in order to receive the February PCFR Quarterly!!! Roger
            > promises its a good one!!!!
            > Welcome, again, Mary Jane!!
            > Jewelle
            >
            > At 04:53 PM 12/27/98 +0100, you wrote:
            > >Hello all,
            > >
            > >I'm Mary Jane Poole and a member of PCFR and I just decided to visit the
            > >site.
            > >Wow! It is Great. Betsy I applaud you. You have alot of very good
            > >reference things on here. Unfortunately, my family of Grant and
            > >Dickerson still eludes me other than the census records. Oh well, I'll
            > >keep plugging away and asking questions and one day I'll get lucky.
            > >
            > >After all, isn't that what this hobby is all about?
            > >
            > >My renewal is in the mail, as of tomorrow, and I hope to hear from you
            > >all .
            > >
            > >Sincerely,
            > >
            > >Mary Jane Poole
            > >abby1rose@...

            > Get stock quotes on your own site from Stockpoint.
            > http://offers.egroups.com/click/209/0
            >
            > eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/genpcfr

          • Levis A Churchill
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 1999
              Thank you, Jewelle. This info will help our program and membership. Glad
              you are back. Allen

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 23, 1999
                Mary Jane..
                again... a warm welcome!! and we appreciate your renewal to PCFR. Mark
                your calendar... and start making plans... to attend our annual PCFR
                Reunion on 15th and 16th October 1999 in Greenville, N.C.
                Would you like me to send you information on The Old Kinston Gazette???
                Please remember to include your Primary SURNAMES with your signature to
                all your posts. This enables our members to identify potential links with
                each other.
                Have a good weekend! :)
                Jewelle
                Main Surnames:
                BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
                McGLOHON, WINGATE etc
                Visit PCFR Website:
                http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908/index.html

                >From: Mary Jane Poole <abby1rose@...>
                >At 06:48 AM 1/19/99 -0400, you wrote:
                >Dear Jewelle,
                >
                >Afraid I don't have much but some things on my surnames Dickerson and
                Grant. I'm
                >trying to get that info from one computer to the computer here that has
                the internet.

                >I'll be watching and learning though on the site.
                >
                >I'm already interested in something someone has posted about the Old
                Kinston Gazette.
                >I've also renewed my membership to PCFR back in Dec.
                >
                >Thanks alot for the welcome.
                >
                >Mary Jane

                <snip>

              • Mary Jane Poole
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 23, 1999
                  Hi Jewelle,

                  Thanks alot about asking me about The Old Kinston Gazette. Can you believe it, but
                  I just subscribed on Thurs. Hope to get some info out of there too I hope.
                  Thank you for the kind invitation to the reunion. We'll have to see.

                  I hope to be posting some things soon as soon as I dig them out.

                  Thanks again.

                  Mary Jane Poole
                  Dickerson and Grant