[genpcfr] Re: Xmas Party

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 17, 1998
      Hello Karen... thanks for the reminder!!!! As with everyone now... "time
      is of the essence" ... and I am remiss in not reporting back earlier.
      PCFR Christmas Party was a happy success!!! Effie Bailey and Ann Johnson
      ... again ... did a magnificent job of coordinating the event. Everyone
      brought food and even with all of us 'pigging-out' .. there was still an
      abundance of delicious food left-over!!! ...some of which ended up at
      the 'homeless shelter'.
      Even with all the gaiety there was still research exchange going on. Bill
      Kittrell brought books to share and many perused them.... and of course,
      our super-efficient Janice Garganus had up-dated information files to pass
      out to the officers.
      Effie and Ann had arranged for some great door prizes, some of which were
      donated by Betsy Ross and Roger Kammerer ... and a picture was taken of
      the recipients! (Wish I could remember all their names...) Hopefully, we
      can share that with you later!!! An added plus was helping Roger to
      celebrate his birthday .. <chuckle> his cake candles were so few he could
      still blow them out!
      Yes, indeed, we did have festive balloons with gaily curled streaming
      ribbons ... each dedicated to represent all the absent PCFR and genpcfr
      members. We opted not to have candles due to fire hazzard. We missed you
      but your spirits were there!!!
      The weather was nice to us also.... waited until the end to begin lightly
      drizzling!!
      There were many pluses to the evening... and for me, the best was meeting
      the spouses of our members, putting faces with well-known names.... and
      ending up with everyone singing Christmas Carols!!!!!
      Mark your calendars now and plan to be with us to celebrate our December
      1999 meeting!!!
      Happy Holidays to each and every one of you and yours!
      Jewelle Baker

      Main Surnames:
      BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
      McGLOHON etc, WINGATE
      Visit PCFR Website:
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908

      >From: "karen brown" <kbrown20@...>
      >At 07:25 AM 12/17/98 PST, you wrote:
      >Hi Folks,
      >No one has mentioned it so I have been wondering how the Xmas party
      >went. I Hope it went well. The idea of the balloons was neat. The list
      >seems to have slacked off I guess because of Xmas.
      >Hope all of you have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
      >Karen Brown
      >
      >Surname: LINTON

      >Great gifts for the Holidays or birthdays or anyday for that matter
      >Bugs Life action game, Thanksgiving Pooh, Disney videos, toys and CD-ROMs
      >http://offers.egroups.com/click/145/6
      >
      >E-group home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/genpcfr

      E-group home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/genpcfr
    • Janice Gurganus
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 1998
        Karen,

        I've been going through some of my files tonight and ran across one of our
        PCFR members who is researching LINTON. He is Mac Respess, 8000 Yorktown
        Road, Ft. Smith, AR 72903-5140; tel. (501)452-6415; e-mail:
        mrespess@.... Perhaps he'll have some information to connect with your
        family. Good luck and let me know if you make a connection.

        Janice TRIPP Gurganus
        PCFR Assistant Secretary
        janicegurganus@...
        Primary surnames: TRIPP, TURNER, MOYE, HARRIS, BELL, NICHOLS, DAIL, BARBER,
        CANNON, SUTTON, FRIZZELLE, VINCENT

        PCFR website: http://www.geocities/Athens/Troy/1908
        eGroup: genpcfr@...

        E-group home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/genpcfr