Re: Baleys/Baileys

  • Ruth
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15, 2001
      -Hello Paula,
      Thanks for the information about Baley/Bailey. I am still looking
      for William Bailey (born 1827/29) so I'll have to take a look at the
      Beaufort censuses.
      Ruth

      -- In genpcfr@y..., "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@h...> wrote:
      > This weekend I was looking at Beaufort County GenWeb site. In one
      of the
      > censuses that is online I saw Bailey spelled Baley. Saw a William
      and a
      > Mary in the list of children. William was 17 or 19 or so. Sorry I
      didn't
      > pay more attention. I know some of you were looking at Baleys.
      Thought I'd
      > pass this spelling along.
      >
      > Paula
      >

      > From: "William Kittrell" <wbk99@e...>
      > To: genpcfr@y..., genpcfr@y...
      > Subject: Re: [genpcfr] William Mills, Sr. b. 1778 & Winnifred
      > Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 0:35:12 -0500
      >
      > I just surveyed the Moore-Smith cemetery (Robert Smith is buried
      there) and
      > also the Samuel Mills cemetery which is about 300 yards from it.
      According
      > to my notes William Mills and Winifred Smith (possibly daughter of
      Charles
      > Smith and Mary _____, had a son named Simon who married Nancy
      Williams.
      > They had a Samuel Mills (the cemetery I surveyed) and also Lezina
      Cherry
      > Julia Mills who m. Robert Smith. Their daughter Mary Smith m.
      Louis Henry
      > Mills. Louis and Mary are my wife's grandparents. I will have to go
      and
      > check my notes but Nancy Williams m. to Simon Mills I believe is
      mentioned
      > in the will of Samuel Williams b. ca 1785. Samuel's wife was Dicey
      Harris.
      > The two grave sites were listed in Jeannette Cox St. Amand books
      but I have
      > been checking and re-surveying the sites.
      > Bill

    • Robert L. Capps
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2001
        Hello Paula,

        Could your William have been born in Martin Co., N.C.? Also do you know the names of his parents?

        Marilyn

        Without documentation, I'm just a "name collector", not a "family historian".

        RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/WYNN
      • Ruth
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2001
          Hello Marilyn,
          William Elias Bailey was born in 1827/29? and died in 1897. I don't
          know his parents. His wife was Mary Frances Purvis. They were
          married in 1850 in Pitt Co. It is poassible that they were in Martin
          Co in 1850. I have been unable to locate them anywhere in the 1850
          or 1860 censuses. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks.
          Ruth

          CARSON, JAMES, BAILEY, BEVERLEY

        • pierce3369@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 16, 2001
            Ruth,
            There was a William Bailey, son of Richard Bailey and Sally Anne Franks of
            Beaufort Co. I don't have this William's birth date, but his father was born
            Abt 1829 and his mother 5 Jul 1839; obviously not old enough to be the
            William you are searching. Richard Bailey, b. Abt 1829 was the son of
            Richard Bailey, b. Abt 1785, Bath, NC, d. Abt 1850 and Elizabeth Unknown, b.
            Abt 1800. He had three sisters; Amanda, Adaline, Alvaney, but not any
            brothers I know of. Sally Anne Franks was the daughter of William Franks, d.
            Aft 5 Oct 1844 and Betsy Ann Dail. This William Bailey was probably named
            for his grandfather, William Franks.

            Sammy Anson Pierce
            Hobe Sound, FL