New 1820 Census

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2001
      Good news!

      Tracy Stancill has completed the 1820 census, and after a few snaffus in
      getting the files compatible and converted, it's now posted on the PCFR
      website! THANK YOU (shouting) Tracy!

      Go to the site and choose "Our On-Line Resources" from the Main Menu table:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/
      Then scroll down to the Census category...take it from there.

      Now--who's up for transcribing the 1830 census? Contact me for formatting
      instructions before you start typing!

      I'm still working on converting the 1860 census. Unfortunately, when I typed
      it several years, I was not thinking about tab-stop conversions to html, so
      it's a slow-going process--am nearly half-done. Please be patient with me.

      I've also finally resolved by "bad monitor" problem, and hope to catch up on
      editing the photographs you've been sending. Again--please be patient (I'm
      still having Zip drive problems, and those photo files are to big to back up
      on regular floppies).

      John Lucas, bless your generous heart, your second batch of photos arrived
      by snail mail this week, but I'll have to scan them first--another delay is
      in order. Thank you for sharing them--they're gorgeous!

      Betsy Ross
      PCFR webmaster
    • Tracy Stancil
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2001
        Betsy
        Thanks a million for all your hard work converting and posting these census files. Hope all will find this to be useful in their research.
        Tracy
[...]

        Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website.  Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:
              http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

      • feonadorf@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2001
          Thanks Tracy!