RE: [genpcfr] need information from Bill Kittrell

  • William Kittrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2001
      You head out of Greenville on NC 43 north toward Falkland. You will pass
      Ironwood Country Club on your left. After you pass it you go down a small
      valley like and when you come up the other side..Blue Banks Sub-Division is
      on your right and the big sub-division on your left. After passing Blue
      Banks there is a small patch of woods on your right. Be ready to slow
      because when you pass this wooded section there is an open field. Turn
      right beside the woods and follow it for 400 to 500 yards (might be more).
      The cemetery is in the edge of the woods. you should see it from the car.
      I believe there was an iron fence around it. At one time a few weeks ago
      there were big containers of cotten sitting in the field. If you miss this
      turn I believe there is a road to your left just a short ways past. I
      believe it is called Cottendale Road. You can turn around then make a left
      turn prior to the woods. Believe the field was a cotten field. The road
      was good at one time.
      Been out today doing sites in southern Pitt around Grifton and Rountree.
      Did about 6 today and 6 yesterday. Have done over 500 so far.
      Bill

      No
      > doctors appointments this time to use up our time.
      > Evelyn
      >

      > Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS

      --- William Kittrell
      --- wbk99@...
      --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.
    • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2001
          Hi Bill:

          Wow! You have surveyed a lot of cemetery sites. I'm still hoping that you
          will run across a Baldree or two.

          Its been awhile since I talked to you. Hope you are Mary are doing fine.
          Things are well with us. Our youngest son has relocated to this area from
          California. He is staying with us until he gets a job and an apartment.

          Our weather has been picture perfect except for this week. It's been a
          little chilly (high of only 58 degrees during the day) with a little wind
          and rain. It's amazing that people out here think this is really cold
          weather. I'm still reminded of all those years I spend in Detroit where it
          was so awful cold and the sun hid for weeks at a time. Of course your
          weather in Carolina is pretty good but a little humid.

          Hope to hear from you sometime.

          Charles Baldree
          > You head out of Greenville on NC 43 north toward Falkland. You will pass
          > Ironwood Country Club on your left. After you pass it you go down a small
          > valley like and when you come up the other side..Blue Banks Sub-Division
          is
          > on your right and the big sub-division on your left. After passing Blue
          > Banks there is a small patch of woods on your right. Be ready to slow
          > because when you pass this wooded section there is an open field. Turn
          > right beside the woods and follow it for 400 to 500 yards (might be more).
          > The cemetery is in the edge of the woods. you should see it from the car.
          > I believe there was an iron fence around it. At one time a few weeks ago
          > there were big containers of cotten sitting in the field. If you miss this
          > turn I believe there is a road to your left just a short ways past. I
          > believe it is called Cottendale Road. You can turn around then make a left
          > turn prior to the woods. Believe the field was a cotten field. The road
          > was good at one time.
          > Been out today doing sites in southern Pitt around Grifton and Rountree.
          > Did about 6 today and 6 yesterday. Have done over 500 so far.
          > Bill

        • Gayle
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2001
            Hi Bill,
            You mentioned Rountree. I have Rountree's connected with my Quaker lines:
            Hollowells/Edgertons/Peeles/Jinnettes
            Can you tell me a little about the Rountrees of Pitt County, NC (mine were
            in Wayne County, NC) Thanx, Gayle