Digitizing Records

  • JGrimes227@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2001
      Now, now. I would certainly like to see the Government digitize a bunch of
      records - but I would like everyone who is saying Yes Yes - Government should
      do this, to reflect on the last time you complained about the Government and
      how much you were paying on taxes. Just remember, what you want the
      government to do, someone else thinks is waste. The Government needs to
      spend money on long delayed infrastructure - delay and it will only cost much
      more in the future. Have you ever wondered how expensive it is to tear down
      and rebuild overpasses because they will only handle four lanes instead of
      six or eight. It is because everyone complains and hollers about the waste
      of overbuilding -- if anyone has failed to notice, this country just keeps
      on growing and needs to plan for the future and invest now. Part of that is
      making records more accessible - but frankly, it doesn't seem to be a real
      imperative.

      John B. Grimes
      jgrimes227@...
      Fairfax Station, VA 22039-2729
    • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2001
        And yet, for those of us who live "out of state" and are so far away, that
        doing research in person is not an option...Paying $25.00 per question to
        Ala. and Ga. archives for one question...I'd rather pay that to the
        government for the access to the info. the states have...

        It's not a matter of taxation...it's public record...but if you can't GO
        there personally and copy the material...then you pay through the nose!
        That's unfair.