Records of NC Counties

  • Tracy Stancil
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2001
      This will not be new for most of us, but I believe there may be some who  find this useful. If you have ever wanted to find out what records exist for a specific NC county, you can do so by following these simple steps.
      Begin on the main Pitt Co. page of USGenweb.
      Scroll to bottom of page and click Interesting Links.
      Next click NC Division of Archives and History.
      Then click NC State Archives.
      Next click on Finding Aids.
      At this point you will be able to download a list of all records that exist in the archives for each county in NC.

      STANCILL,JONES,BONNER,JOHNSTON,VINES,JORDAN,BULLOCK,HATHAWAY,THOMAS,WARREN,MEEKS,WAINWRIGHT,BRILEY,DAVENPORT,DANIEL,WHITEHURST,CARSON,BAKER,DAVIS,WILLOUGHBY,FOREMAN,FORREST,MOORE,LLEWELLYN,CRANDALL,LITTLE,HILL,COBB
    • Elizabeth Ross
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
        Thanks Tracy,

        The Pitt County resource list is posted on the PCFR website, with
        permission, at:
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/pittconcah.htm

        The NC Archives website offers downloadable files on all NC counties, as
        well as other information. It's always best to go to the original source
        whenever possible...here's a direct link:
        http://www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/sections/archives/arch/default.htm

        Betsy Ross