Re: Forrest:

  • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2001
      For the person researching the surname "Forrest"...today I fund :

      Warrant of Lords Proprietors of Carolina for the delivery of 3 thousand acres
      of land to  Josias Forrest. dated March 2, 1686

    • Dr. Robert Mellis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2001
        Thanks,
        where did you find this?
        Linda
        Researching Forrest, Dail, Spivey, Turnage, Rountree, Williams in Pitt County
        For the person researching the surname "Forrest"...today I fund :

        Warrant of Lords Proprietors of Carolina for the delivery of 3 thousand acres
        of land to  Josias Forrest. dated March 2, 1686

        Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website.  Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:
              http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

      • Lee Rattz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2001
          Please check for virus  on all files on your PC. Thank you Lee Rats.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 22, 2001
            Well, I'm looking at my notes...and I think I read it on the Ga.College and
            State U. Small Manuscript Collection....not positive, but some of the other
            notations I made credited that source...so I'm thinking it came from there.
            That was all it said though, and I thought it was interesting because it just
            made mention of "Carolina" not N or S....but it was quite old...1686!  (Prior
            to N & S. I guess.) Hopefully it'll give you a place to look though.

            Trisha
          • TracyStancil@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 22, 2001
              Linda
              You can also see this and early Carolina Land Grants at
              GenealogyQuest.com. I have no idea who this Josias is. Please don't
              post further messages from your work computer until it is virus free.
              Tracy--- In genpcfr@egroups.com, "Dr. Robert Mellis" <mellisr@p...>