Virus Cleaned

  • Arthur Wills
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2001
      Dear Friends,

      Thanks to advice from Jim Brown, ATT, and McAfee technical support, my
      computer is free of any virus it may have had. When the tech people ran a
      virus scan on my machine it showed a virus called JS/Kak@M

      I don't know whether it originated to PCFR from me or from Dr. Mellis or
      whom, but I sure hope this is the last of it for us. I have worked all day
      trying to make things better.

      And a pox to whomever sent it out to us to begin with.

      It is now safe to continue our diaglog - please don't hate me for this. I
      wish I were computer literate so that I could possibly avoid problems like
      this in the future.

      I have not yet had the guts to check my genealogy to see what if anything I
      might have lost. If I lost it, you will never hear from me again because I
      will kill myself.

      Love and thanks and I am sorry to all of you.

      Arlene (Wills) 1112 Manchester Drive, Raleigh, North Carolina 27609-5155,
      919/781-3625, awills@...
    • NULAT@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2001
        Dear Arlene,

        I am sorry you had to go through this.  I wouldn't have any idea where to
        start.  As a matter of fact, I opened your email of the 18th and so far, if
        there was a virus in that one, I wouldn't know it.  I do have McAfee but
        don't know what it does.  lol

        You offered to send the Forrest info to another person.  Could you include me
        in that please.  And how is Mahala doing?  What a terrible shame that she has
        to go through this.  She certainly has my sympathy.
                                My address:
        4130 Spartan Lane
        Stone Mountain, GA 30083

        Would you like a copy of the Abraham Adams deeds from VA before he came to
        NC?  I believe we might have to re-evaluate some of the dates because he
        spoke of living next door to his son Abraham Adams' property about 1715.

        Take care of yourself too.

        Love,

        Nula