FiddleDee - Can You Help?

  • James Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2001
      We're looking for help, too, with our Smith family ancestry and you
      know how that lineage can be!

      We sent a note along the other day re: Abner J. Smith b.1852 d.1926
      of Pitt Co.; sp. #1 - Elizabeth Adams (not Adadms)m. 1874, sp. #2 Ann
      Cannon m. 1882 all of Pitt Co.

      Ann and Abner's children were: Wm or James Henry b. 1881 before Ann
      and Abner's marriage date (Henry could have been a child of Elizabeth
      Adams and Abner), Wm Calvin, Wm Augustus, Nancy and Lonie (could be a
      nickname for Louise or Louisa) and possibly a Martha. A death
      certificate noted Henry Smith and Lucinda as Abner's parents. But all
      we have been able to research or track so far is Henry Bryant Smith
      and Celia Lucinda Tucker of Pitt Co during that history period of our
      family. Our research on Ann Cannon only bore Dollie Cannon as Ann's
      mother; again taken from a vital record we obtained.

      Interestingly, our Grandfather, Wm Augustus, stated long ago that
      Abner's parents had 13 children but census records up to 1850 for
      Pitt Co. show Henry Bryant and Lucinda with 12 children. We suspect
      Abner may have been their 13th child as Lucinda would have been 36
      yrs old at Abner's birth. Any info on the 1860 Census for Pitt Co.
      would be extremely helpful as it should tie him to a specific family
      between 1852 and 1860.

      We are desperately trying to connect Abner and the rest of our family
      to his real parents as we are planning a family reunion in NC early
      this summer.

      Thank you for any assistance.
      The Stewart's