Re: [genpcfr] GILFORD W. COX

  • TCCox@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2001
      wbk99@... writes:

      Guilford had a son Eugene Grissom Cox b. March 12, 1866 m. Rena Patrick.
      They had a son Eugene Lester b. November 20, 1890. Nothing in the book
      on a Jeter Cox.
      The Guilford W. Cox above, son of William had the same birth date as the
      Guilford W. Cox that I had shown as son of John Cox. So there may not
      have been but one Guilford W. Cox.
      Bill

      Thanks , Still think there was two Guilfords though.  Searching civil war
      records show my Guilford served as a private in the CSA. There was another
      Guilford from Pitt who was an officier.

      We have a copy of the book you referenced in the Carolina room of our local
      library, There actuall is a misprint in the book . The children of Eugene
      "Peter Patrick" actually should be "Jeter Patrick" and actually my dad later
      changed his middle name from Patrick to Cabot. Why ? because  there was a
      democratic politician also named Patrick in that area who my dad really
      disliked......

      Terry Cabot Cox
      Charlotte, NC