Re: [genpcfr] CHRONICLES OF PITT COUNTY

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
      I checked the index for the names mentioned. I did not find a Guilford,
      Eugene or Jeter. I did find a reference to Calvin in article 931 but in
      reviewing it I did not find the name. (With my sight like it is I could
      have missed it) There were a number of Williams..but would have to know
      more info to check. There are about 8 pages of Cox family info in the
      book. I don't know if any of them are related to your families.
      Bill

    • TCCox@aol.com

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
          I'd love to know if there's anything on Cox or Jackson family in the book.

          Doris....A Texan in Georgia;
          Still shaking the family tree,
          and dodging the nuts after 30+years!
          JACKSON, COX, BELK, BIBBY, LEGGETT, DUREN, CHURCHWELL, MEADOR, COLEMAN, BEAM, MOBLEY,HALSEL

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
            Doris,
            Have you checked HINSHAW's BOOK on Quakers.  Lots of Cox were Quakers.  GAyle

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
              Doris,
              I know there is a story about Blaney Turnage and Maggie Cox Jackson; Page
              405, article 745.
              Clifton Troy Jackson; page 405, article 746. And Jackson-Sermons; Page 404,
              article 744. Also something about Maude Sedalia (Dawson) Jackson and Will
              Jackson; Page 404, article 743.
              I don't have a copy of the whole book, just a few pages. If any of these are
              of interest to you let me know.

              Lisa
              Feonadorf@...

              Family
              names:McGowan,Tyson,Tucker,Tyson,Willoughby,Sermons,Cherry,Williams,Mills.
            • D J Peirce
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                Definitly a possibility...I will try it.  Thanx

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                  Thanks for the offer.....if the dates are in the early 1800's , they might be connect.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                    Doris;
                    These are the names listed in the articles.
                    Allen Jackson 07/21/1824-05/19/1879
                    Wife
                    Susanna Harrington Jackson 08/16/1823-08/26/1909
                    Children
                    1)Allen Jackson 1857-1901Married Louvenia Dail Jackson 1853-12/24/1928
                        Children:George,Jessie,Amos,Hattie,Cletus, and Jemima Catherine.
                    2)Susan Alice Jackson Married Amos Graver Cox
                    3)Jemima Catherine Jackson

                    Next Article
                    Blaney Turnage Jackson,Son of Richard Roderick and Luvenia Heath Jackson
                    Wife Maggie Dora Cox, Daughter of Lewis Bryon and Elizabeth Kittrell Cox
                    Children: Earl Cox Jackson, Grace Marie Jackson, Margaret Jackson

                    Next Article
                    Shadric Jackson
                    Clifton Troy Jackson
                    Wife Katherine Wilkerson
                    Children:John, Shadric, Bowling, Allen, Serena, Burton, Joseph, Wyatt, and
                    Jessie S.
                    Children's names included also.

                    Lisa

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                      The Shadric Jackson, wife Katherine Wilkerson, is the line I"m looking for.
                      I'd love to have the article....and will be glad to pay you for your trouble.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 10, 2001
                        I have no access to that Book either. Do you have a Rigdon Moore or Ann
                        Moore in your files?
                        Linda Melvin