Re: [genpcfr] CHRONICLES OF PITT COUNTY

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 6, 2001
      The Pitt County Historical Society published this book. They are at
      present discussing whether to reprint it. I have not heard anything
      else in the last few weeks. I do not know what they have decided. Will
      post any information regarding the book. Probably the only source is to
      find someone with an extra copy wiling to sell.
      Bill

    • feonadorf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 6, 2001
        Please keep me in mind as well.
        I'd love a copy too !
        Lisa Wallendorf Scarola

        Family
        names:McGowan,Tyson,Tucker,Tyson,Willoughby,Sermons,Cherry,Williams,Mills.
      • Bill Kittrell
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
          I checked the index for the names mentioned. I did not find a Guilford,
          Eugene or Jeter. I did find a reference to Calvin in article 931 but in
          reviewing it I did not find the name. (With my sight like it is I could
          have missed it) There were a number of Williams..but would have to know
          more info to check. There are about 8 pages of Cox family info in the
          book. I don't know if any of them are related to your families.
          Bill

        • mpbamma@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
            Please keep me in mind also if that book is reprinted. Thank you, Sherri

            Families:McGlohon,McLawhorn,McGlawhorn,etc.,Barber,Herrington
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
              I'd like that one, too. I've already had Amazon.com do an old book search
              for me, and they did not find it. We have that book at our local library in
              Shreveport, LA.

              Paula

              From: mpbamma@...
              To: genpcfr@egroups.com
              Subject: Re: [genpcfr] CHRONICLES OF PITT COUNTY
              Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 10:43:16 EST

              Please keep me in mind also if that book is reprinted. Thank you, Sherri

              Families:McGlohon,McLawhorn,McGlawhorn,etc.,Barber,Herrington

            • Gayle
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                Paula,
                There is a business in Ann Arbor, Michigan that finds old books out of
                print. I don't know if it is in relationship to the college or university.
                You might do a search on Google.com to see if you can find the address.
                Gayle

              • TCCox@aol.com

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                    I'd love to know if there's anything on Cox or Jackson family in the book.

                    Doris....A Texan in Georgia;
                    Still shaking the family tree,
                    and dodging the nuts after 30+years!
                    JACKSON, COX, BELK, BIBBY, LEGGETT, DUREN, CHURCHWELL, MEADOR, COLEMAN, BEAM, MOBLEY,HALSEL

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                      Doris,
                      Have you checked HINSHAW's BOOK on Quakers.  Lots of Cox were Quakers.  GAyle

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                        Doris,
                        I know there is a story about Blaney Turnage and Maggie Cox Jackson; Page
                        405, article 745.
                        Clifton Troy Jackson; page 405, article 746. And Jackson-Sermons; Page 404,
                        article 744. Also something about Maude Sedalia (Dawson) Jackson and Will
                        Jackson; Page 404, article 743.
                        I don't have a copy of the whole book, just a few pages. If any of these are
                        of interest to you let me know.

                        Lisa
                        Feonadorf@...

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                          Definitly a possibility...I will try it.  Thanx

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                            Thanks for the offer.....if the dates are in the early 1800's , they might be connect.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                              Doris;
                              These are the names listed in the articles.
                              Allen Jackson 07/21/1824-05/19/1879
                              Wife
                              Susanna Harrington Jackson 08/16/1823-08/26/1909
                              Children
                              1)Allen Jackson 1857-1901Married Louvenia Dail Jackson 1853-12/24/1928
                                  Children:George,Jessie,Amos,Hattie,Cletus, and Jemima Catherine.
                              2)Susan Alice Jackson Married Amos Graver Cox
                              3)Jemima Catherine Jackson

                              Next Article
                              Blaney Turnage Jackson,Son of Richard Roderick and Luvenia Heath Jackson
                              Wife Maggie Dora Cox, Daughter of Lewis Bryon and Elizabeth Kittrell Cox
                              Children: Earl Cox Jackson, Grace Marie Jackson, Margaret Jackson

                              Next Article
                              Shadric Jackson
                              Clifton Troy Jackson
                              Wife Katherine Wilkerson
                              Children:John, Shadric, Bowling, Allen, Serena, Burton, Joseph, Wyatt, and
                              Jessie S.
                              Children's names included also.

                              Lisa

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                                The Shadric Jackson, wife Katherine Wilkerson, is the line I"m looking for.
                                I'd love to have the article....and will be glad to pay you for your trouble.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 10, 2001
                                  I have no access to that Book either. Do you have a Rigdon Moore or Ann
                                  Moore in your files?
                                  Linda Melvin