Re: [genpcfr] CHRONICLES OF PITT COUNTY

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 6, 2001
      The Pitt County Historical Society published this book. They are at
      present discussing whether to reprint it. I have not heard anything
      else in the last few weeks. I do not know what they have decided. Will
      post any information regarding the book. Probably the only source is to
      find someone with an extra copy wiling to sell.
      Bill

      James Stewart wrote:

      > We'd be interested in one, as well, if you find out if any are
      > available.
      >
      > Thanks.
      > The Stewart's

    • Bonnie McGhee

        • feonadorf@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 6, 2001
            Please keep me in mind as well.
            I'd love a copy too !
            Lisa Wallendorf Scarola

            Family
            names:McGowan,Tyson,Tucker,Tyson,Willoughby,Sermons,Cherry,Williams,Mills.
          • Bill Kittrell
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
              I checked the index for the names mentioned. I did not find a Guilford,
              Eugene or Jeter. I did find a reference to Calvin in article 931 but in
              reviewing it I did not find the name. (With my sight like it is I could
              have missed it) There were a number of Williams..but would have to know
              more info to check. There are about 8 pages of Cox family info in the
              book. I don't know if any of them are related to your families.
              Bill

            • mpbamma@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                Please keep me in mind also if that book is reprinted. Thank you, Sherri

                Families:McGlohon,McLawhorn,McGlawhorn,etc.,Barber,Herrington
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                  I'd like that one, too. I've already had Amazon.com do an old book search
                  for me, and they did not find it. We have that book at our local library in
                  Shreveport, LA.

                  Paula

                  From: mpbamma@...
                  To: genpcfr@egroups.com
                  Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 10:43:16 EST

                  Please keep me in mind also if that book is reprinted. Thank you, Sherri

                  Families:McGlohon,McLawhorn,McGlawhorn,etc.,Barber,Herrington

                • Gayle
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                    Paula,
                    There is a business in Ann Arbor, Michigan that finds old books out of
                    print. I don't know if it is in relationship to the college or university.
                    You might do a search on Google.com to see if you can find the address.
                    Gayle

                  • TCCox@aol.com

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                        I'd love to know if there's anything on Cox or Jackson family in the book.

                        Doris....A Texan in Georgia;
                        Still shaking the family tree,
                        and dodging the nuts after 30+years!
                        JACKSON, COX, BELK, BIBBY, LEGGETT, DUREN, CHURCHWELL, MEADOR, COLEMAN, BEAM, MOBLEY,HALSEL

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                          Doris,
                          Have you checked HINSHAW's BOOK on Quakers.  Lots of Cox were Quakers.  GAyle

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 7, 2001
                            Doris,
                            I know there is a story about Blaney Turnage and Maggie Cox Jackson; Page
                            405, article 745.
                            Clifton Troy Jackson; page 405, article 746. And Jackson-Sermons; Page 404,
                            article 744. Also something about Maude Sedalia (Dawson) Jackson and Will
                            Jackson; Page 404, article 743.
                            I don't have a copy of the whole book, just a few pages. If any of these are
                            of interest to you let me know.

                            Lisa
                            Feonadorf@...

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                              Definitly a possibility...I will try it.  Thanx

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                                Thanks for the offer.....if the dates are in the early 1800's , they might be connect.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                                  Doris;
                                  These are the names listed in the articles.
                                  Allen Jackson 07/21/1824-05/19/1879
                                  Wife
                                  Susanna Harrington Jackson 08/16/1823-08/26/1909
                                  Children
                                  1)Allen Jackson 1857-1901Married Louvenia Dail Jackson 1853-12/24/1928
                                      Children:George,Jessie,Amos,Hattie,Cletus, and Jemima Catherine.
                                  2)Susan Alice Jackson Married Amos Graver Cox
                                  3)Jemima Catherine Jackson

                                  Next Article
                                  Blaney Turnage Jackson,Son of Richard Roderick and Luvenia Heath Jackson
                                  Wife Maggie Dora Cox, Daughter of Lewis Bryon and Elizabeth Kittrell Cox
                                  Children: Earl Cox Jackson, Grace Marie Jackson, Margaret Jackson

                                  Next Article
                                  Shadric Jackson
                                  Clifton Troy Jackson
                                  Wife Katherine Wilkerson
                                  Children:John, Shadric, Bowling, Allen, Serena, Burton, Joseph, Wyatt, and
                                  Jessie S.
                                  Children's names included also.

                                  Lisa

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 8, 2001
                                    The Shadric Jackson, wife Katherine Wilkerson, is the line I"m looking for.
                                    I'd love to have the article....and will be glad to pay you for your trouble.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 10, 2001
                                      I have no access to that Book either. Do you have a Rigdon Moore or Ann
                                      Moore in your files?
                                      Linda Melvin