Henry Bryant Smith and Abner Smith Ancestry of Pitt Co., NC

  • 2stews@seeyouonline.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hello. We are are researching our father's Smith family ancestry of
      Pitt Co., NC.

      We are trying to validate a connection between Abner Smith b.1852,
      Pitt Co., m. Elizabeth Adams 1874 and Anne Cannon 1882. Abner and
      Anne's children: Wm or James Henry, Wm Calvin, Wm Augustus,
      Nancy, "Lonie" (could be a nickname for Louise or Louisa). Wm or
      James Henry was born in 1881 in Pitt Co.

      Recently, a cousin in NC validated Abner and Anne's marriage date via
      a certificate (bond). The record also identified Abner's parents
      as "Henry Smith and Lucinda J. or T." We believe these parents may
      have been Henry Bryant Smith and Celia Lucinda Tucker. Although
      records indicate they had 12 children, our grandfather, Wm Augustus,
      mentioned many times that his father, Abner, had came from a family
      with a total of 13 children; possibly including Abner. Anne's mother
      is listed as "Dollie Cannon". We have not been able to locate her
      father.

      Does anyone have any information re our family? Thank you for any
      assistance. Happy New Year to all listers researching Pitt Co, NC
      relatives.

      Susan (Smith) Stewart
      James Stewart