Moses Tyson Penelope May

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2 8:20 PM
      In Reedy Branch Cemetery in Greenville, NC, my ggrandmother Mary Lula Tyson
      Baker Beddard and her brother William Tyson are buried. Mary Lula was born
      about 1866 in Greene Co., NC. William was born abt. 1858-1859, not 1861 as
      his headstone reads. Beside them is Orpha Tyson, who I believe was an aunt.
      Anyway, through the name Orpha or Orpah/Orphine/Offey and other first
      names, and census info and geography, I am currently studying Moses Tyson
      and Penelope May. Penny Tyson is the only Tyson listed in the 1850 Greene
      County census. In 1860 Thomas Tyson is listed with a group of people, among
      them William Tyson. Moses who married Penny died in 1828. Penny in all
      likelihood inherited his land or whatever. Penny is living with a group of
      Moyes in Greene Co. in 1850. Perhaps she then died and Thomas Tyson, her
      heir, came to live in Greene Co. Do any of you know the children of Moses
      Tyson and Penelope May? I've been looking around at other counties to try
      to find out where Thomas Tyson and Rachel came from. They are not listed in
      the 1850 Greene Co. census. I find it a bit odd that there was only one
      Tyson in Greene Co. in 1850 because there were quite a few others before and
      after that in the censuses. I've been looking at the Greene Co. census
      that's online. I haven't studied it myself at the library. On one site on
      the internet, Moses Tyson's place of birth is listed as Pitt County.

      I started working on this tonight just because I saw in the Pitt Co.
      cemetery listing that Mr. Jackson did that an Orpha Tyson was buried in
      Reedy Branch near my ggrandmother Mary Lula Tyson Baker Beddard, who died in
      1937.

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC