[genpcfr] Re: HUDSON

  • Everettcj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 12, 1998
      In a message dated 12/12/98 6:39:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, Slowm@...
      writes:

      << Bea Hudson
      Hampton, VA >>

      Bea,
      Do you have much information on HUDSONs??? I've got a bit on a group that
      migrated to Georgia and settled around Emanuel County. I'm trying to find
      where they came from. The most common male name is Gilbert. Does that sound
      familiar to you?
      Any help would be appreciated.

      Carol Riner Everett
      Surnames: ALLEN, BEASLEY, CARY,
      COLEMAN, HUDSON, JOHNSON,
      MEEKS, TYSON
    • Slowm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 12, 1998
        Hi Carol, I am afraid that I do not have much information on any Hudsons that
        went to Ga. I have been working on my Hudsons for years and can only document
        back to 1879. Mine were predominately in Surry Co NC and Halifax Co NC. I
        believe they had ties to Pitt Co but cannot prove it. My Robert did marry a
        lady in Halifax Co NC whose parents were from Pitt Co by the name of Gertrude
        Briley. He also spent some time in Oxford Orphanage and left in 1891 with a
        H. L. Carr of Greenville (Pitt Co).
        I do belong to the Hudson Family Association and have a large number of their
        bulletins along with most of their published books and I will be glad to do
        some look-ups for you if that will help. I am always glad to help a fellow
        Hudson cousin when I can. Let me know what I should be looking for.
        Bea Hudson
        Hampton, VA
      • Everettcj@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 1999
          Hi y'all!

          I have a bunch of HUDSONs in the twigs of my family tree down in Georgia.
          I've been told they originally came from the Carolinas but have not been able
          to make the connection yet. The earliest name I have is Gilbert HUDSON. He
          had 3 wives and 23 children -- most of them boys, so there are a LOT of
          HUDSONs around Emanuel and Johnson County, Georgia.

          Any help would be appreciated!

          Carol Riner Everett
          Surnames: ALLEN, BEASLEY, CARY, COLEMAN, HUDSON,
          JOHNSON, MEEKS, RINER, TYSON

        • Everettcj@aol.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 21, 1999
              Hello Carol... yes, I'm still playing 'catch-up'.. hope you've received
              response to your query ... if not, perhaps one of our many new members
              will see a connection ... sometimes, we have to post same query several
              times to reach everyone. Good luck!
              Jewelle

              Main Surnames:
              BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
              McGLOHON, WINGATE etc
              Visit PCFR Website:
              http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908/index.html

            • Everettcj@aol.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 26, 1999
                  Carol.... have you had a response??? One of our members researching
                  HUDSON in online and I've cc this to her. <chuckle> She'll have it
                  twice... ok Bea????
                  We have several other PCFR members who aren't online that have HUDSON.
                  Would you like to contact them, or send your HUDSON query in to PCFR to be
                  published in the Quarterly? As a PCFR member, you are entitle to 4 queries
                  annually.
                  Members, please, ALWAYS remember to send Queries, Pedigree Charts, ANY and
                  ALL family resources to:
                  PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS
                  P O Box 20339
                  Greenville, N.C. 17858-0339

                  ... and Carol... 23 children!!! I'm glad he had 3 wives, bless their hearts!
                  Good hunting... Jewelle