Re: [genpcfr] Genealogy

  • DollieDRN@cs.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 13, 2000
      Can I ever! I even dream about my ancestors. Here it is almost 3am and I'm
      buying census CD's. My family thinks I'm nuts, my friends think I need a
      life, and I'm totally happy searching out clues in musty old records. If
      only work didn't take up so much time! Dollie Davis

      DollieDRN@...
    • Elizabeth Roebuck
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 14, 2000
        YES!!!!! I found a gggggrandmother's name just about a month ago by shear
        luck. They want to be found.
        Annette

        >From: "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@...>
        >To: Rea11bak2gen@..., genpcfr@egroups.com
        >Subject: [genpcfr] Genealogy
        >Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:33:53 CST
        >
        >My house is a wreck. I can hardly tell clean clothes from dirty. The cat
        >litter needs to be changed. Papers need to be filed. My car note needs to
        >be paid. I don't have any panty hose for work tomorrow. But I know who my
        >gggrandfather was. Can anyone relate?
        >

        >Paula Anne Baker
        >paulabaker69@...
        >Researching BAKER, MANNING, TYSON, STOCKS AND OTHERS in Pitt County NC and
        >Greene County NC
        >and COLE, NORMAN, WHITE, SUTTON AND OTHERS in SC, GA, and LA
        >http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/9883

        >http://profiles.msn.com
        >

        >Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS
        >website. Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Jo Prytherch
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 14, 2000
          My husband surveys boats for fun (and profit). He tells me that he
          can't understand how anyone could think that digging through old
          records in a courthouse could be fun.

          I tell him I can't understand how anyone could think that crawling
          through old boat bilges is fun!

          Love,
          Jo ROBERSON Prytherch
        • JGrimes227@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 14, 2000
            I know I am hooked on Genealogy when I was at an estate sale Friday and there
            was a velvet covered photo album full of postcard photos of gobs of family
            members and relatives, most identified and in absolutely pristine condition.
            I almost cried when I realized how valuable the album SHOULD be to a family
            member or relative and that it was bought by someone who had an antique shop.
            The "family" had already been through the house taking what they wanted and
            they left this album. I am still frustrated by this.

            John B. Grimes
            jgrimes227@...
            Fairfax Station, VA 22039-2729
          • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 14, 2000
              Paula,
              I thought you were describing MY house!!!

              Trisha
            • Jo Prytherch
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 14, 2000
                I get the same feeling, John, when I go into those antique shops and
                see beautiful family portraits on the walls with no one to love them.
                One that was particularly touching was in upstate New York. A
                father was posing with his arms around his two little girls with the
                proudest smile on his face that you have ever seen. You could just
                see the love in that photograph. I don't know how anyone could
                have ever given it up.

                Jo ROBERSON Prytherch
              • Frances J Alexander
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 14, 2000
                  Paula:

                  Too cute. How about the blood shot eyes?

                  Frances

                • britiancp@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 14, 2000
                    Paula
                    You must have visited my house. My husband told a friend recently that he did
                    not know what my face looked like anymore but could recognize the back of my
                    head in any crowd (does this mean I stay at the computer too long)?
                    Carmen
                  • Linda Harris
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 15, 2000
                      i can relate to that. you have to kick through papers trash in my home to
                      enter. kids grown, husband not home much, great life, no cooking, no
                      cleaning, no taxie service
                      Linda Harris
                      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~digginforroots/index.htm
                      Researching in NC (northeastern) and PA York and dauphin co)

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 15, 2000
                        man, we are a sorry lot aren't we??? But I know who my ggg-grandfather
                        was...and if I could find his mother...and more about his father...I'd be
                        happy and perhaps ready to move on...20-some-odd years and counting!!!

                        Trisha (stuck on Perrys) Green