Re: [genpcfr] Fentress

  • Ruth Fentress
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2000
      Yes, my husband's Fentress line goes back to Moses Fentress. Are you kin ?
      Ruth Fentress

      Rae Jean in Memphis wrote:

      > Ruth Fentress ~
      > Are you by chance related to the Fentress families of Princess Anne
      > Co, VA in 1700's?
      > Rae Jean
      >

      > Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website. Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:
      > http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/
    • Rae Jean in Memphis
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2000
        --- In genpcfr@egroups.com, Ruth Fentress <ruthbf@e...> wrote:
        > Yes, my husband's Fentress line goes back to Moses Fentress. Are
        you kin ?

        Fentress is a collateral line I am researching in Princess Anne Co,
        VA. Sophia Rowe, d/o Kiteley and Mary (SNU) Moye Rowe, married (GNU)
        Fentress around the 1750's. Her husband is thought to have died
        before March 1753. Have searched for his given name but no luck so
        far. Known children of Sophia and her Fentress husband are:
        John Fentress
        James Fentress
        William Fentress
        Fanny Fentress

        Have you run across this family? Any information you may be about to
        provide on Fentress families would be most helpful.
        Rae Jean
      • Ruth Fentress
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2000
          TO Rae  Jean:    The only thing I have on  Sophia Fentress you apparently also have, which is the will of Kitely  Roe written 26 March 1753 .    He  names:  his wife MARY; dau Eleanor Phillips (she is under 21);  brother Robert Roe (land that formerly belonged to Richard Moye);  Sarah  Cummings, wife of Benjamin Cummings,  John Fentris (he d. ca 1775, Norfolk Co. ) land  & gun,  son of  Sophia Fentris,  James Fentris (he is underage), son of Sophia Fentris,  land,  William Fentris (underage), son of  Sophia Fentris, land;
          If John, James, & Wm Fentris should die,  reversion of their land to go no further in the Fentris name, but return  to Kitely Roe, the son of Robert Roe.
           To Sophia Fentris   use of profits of all my stock, all  my household goods "as long as she lives single..."
          Residue to be sold to pay debts & remainder part of money to be equally div. between   Fanny,  James,  & William,  sons  & dau of Sophia Fentress .
          Witnesses:  John Carter, William Williams, Michael Fling
          17 July 1753,  the will was presented in Court by Alexander  Rose (Rowe ?), app'ted by the  Court, who made oath.
          Among notes I have: Fanny Fentriss  md. ____ Meggs.  See will of brrother John Fentriss, 1773.

          That seems to be all that I have. I don't know who Sophia's  husband was.  If you learn more, I'll be interested.  Sorry I don't  have more.
          Ruth Fentress

          Rae Jean in Memphis wrote:

          --- In genpcfr@egroups.com, Ruth Fentress <ruthbf@e...> wrote:
          > Yes,  my husband's Fentress line goes back to Moses Fentress.  Are
          you kin ?

          Fentress is a collateral line I am researching in Princess Anne Co,
          VA. Sophia Rowe, d/o Kiteley and Mary (SNU) Moye Rowe, married (GNU)
          Fentress around the 1750's. Her husband is thought to have died
          before March 1753. Have searched for his given name but no luck so
          far. Known children of Sophia and her Fentress husband are:
          John Fentress
          James Fentress
          William Fentress
          Fanny Fentress

          Have you run across this family? Any information you may be about to
          provide on Fentress families would be most helpful.
          Rae Jean

          http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/3/_/9468/_/973711031/

          Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website.  Suggest you BookMark it! Visit: