Irby Stevens Will

  • NULAT@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2000
      There is supposed to be a will listed for IRBY STEVENS on CD # 509 North
      Carolina Wills.  If someone has this CD or other access to an index, I would
      really appreciate a lookup.  I know he is in Johnston Co., NC in miid 1850's
      but he does not appear on the published indexes for 1850, 1860 or 1870.

      Thanks for any help.

      Nula Tingleff
    • John Lucas
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2000
        Dear Nula,

        I did a quick look up in my library reference book entitled, "North
        Carolina Wills - A Testator Index, 1665-1900," compiled by Thornton W.
        Mitchell. I found the following information that may be of interest to
        you:

        Irby Stevens - Johnston Co. NC - Will Reference: 1867 WB-2/100 AR

        You can obtain copies of available North Carolina wills from the Raleigh
        Archives as follows:

        Depart of Cultural Resources
        Division of Archives & History
        Archives & Records Section
        Attn: Ms. Kim Cumber
        109 East Jones Street
        4614 Mail Service Center

        You will need to include a self-addressed (with postage affixed - I
        usually use three stamps) envelope and a personal check in the amount of
        $8.00 per request (do not combine multiple requests in one check. You
        must submit separate checks for each request). It will be helpful if
        you can provide the county, date, and will reference. Make check
        payable to: Dept of Cultural Resources.

        Surely hope this the Irby Stevens you are looking for. Good Luck.

        Yours,

        John