Martha Carson

  • Ralph Majek
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2000
      Hi Betsy,
      Thanks for the information. I did not know that Martha's maiden
      name was Baker. Could you please tell me the others in Martha's
      family in 1860? Thanks.
      Ruth

      CARSON, JAMES, BAILEY, BEVERLEY
    • Elizabeth Ross
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
        --- In genpcfr@egroups.com, "Ralph Majek" <rrmaj@w...> wrote:
        > Hi Betsy,
        > Thanks for the information. I did not know that Martha's maiden
        > name was Baker. Could you please tell me the others in Martha's
        > family in 1860? Thanks.
        > Ruth
        >
        > CARSON, JAMES, BAILEY, BEVERLEY
        -------

        1860, Bethel Post Office, Pitt Co.
        Hs. #367:
        Carson, Martha 57f Farming 300/390
        C. T. 26f seamstress
        R. J. W. 25m master carpenter
        O. J. 23f
        Z. A. 21f
        Whitehurst, John H. 21m Farm hand

        Hs. #368:
        Blount, W. G. 40m Farmer 800/1500
        Caroline 32m
        M. A. 11f in school
        W. A. E. 6f in school
        F. D. 4f
        Susan 2f

        (This is apparently the Caroline Carson Blount you were asking
        about in your messages to Ruth Fentress.)
      • Ralph Majek
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
          Hello Betsy,
          Thank you for the 1860 information from Bethel on Martha Carson. I
          didn't see her maiden name on the census. Did you know that it was
          Baker from another source? Glad you included W. G. Carson and
          Caroline (Blount)'s family next to Martha's.
          Ruth Fentress' message states that Caroline (born around 1828)
          Carson's mother was Martha. Do you think that she was possibly the
          first child of Richard and Martha Carson?
          You were so helpful with message #2220 when I began this Carson
          search. Have you read my #3918 message about the possible chronology
          of Richard and Roderick Carson? Does it sound plausible to you?
          In the 1860 census material on Martha's family, I see Jesse W. and
          Obedience, and I suppose that C. T. could be Christiana, which were
          the 3 siblings of Caroline Carson mentioned in Ruth Fentress' message.
          Thanks again.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
            Hello Ruth,
            Thanks for the information on Martha and Caroline Carson. You were
            helpful. I did learn Martha's birth year and I was able to verify
            Caroline's 3 siblings that you mentioned.
            Thanks again.
            Ruth