Marriage records

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2000
      I need to obtain a marriage record from Pitt County for the year 1886. I
      know the exact date and the people's names. Whom do I contact for that
      information? I need an address and phone number, if possible.

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC
      http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/9883

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • fiddledee@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2000
        I just did this. The problem is that the courthouse burned sometime around
        the turn of the century. According to what I have been told, after the fire
        families came in to help redocument official records with their own personal
        ones. There are two big books called the "white" books that contain these
        records and you just have to search them. It's fun.... If you tell me what
        you are looking for maybe I can find a morning next week to look for you!
        Don't mind. Like looking through itchy old books!
        LOL
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2000
          This is the marriage record I'm looking for:

          William BAKER
          Sex: M

          Marriage(s):
          Spouse: Mary L. TYSON
          Marriage: 3 Feb 1886
          Beaver Damm Twp, Pitt, North Carolina

          These are my greatgrandparents.

          I'm hoping their parents will be listed:) I would really appreciate it!

          Paula

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2000
            From: "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@...>

            I need to obtain a marriage record from Pitt County for the year 1886.  I
            know the exact date and the people's names.  Whom do I contact for that
            information?  I need an address and phone number, if possible.

            Paula Anne Baker
            paulabaker69@...
            Greene County NC
            http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/9883

            Hello Paula...
                     The address is:
                              Pitt County Register of Deeds
                              1717 W. 5th St
                              Greenville, N.C. 27834-1698
                                       252-830-6302

            You know the Courthouse burned 1857 but the Reg of Deeds has b & d rec from 1913; m rec from 1866 & land rec from 1762;  Clk Sup Ct has div. pro & ct rec from 1885)
                                                                  Jewelle
            jewelle@...
            Main SURNAMES:
            BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON;
            McGLOHORN etc; WINGATE

            Visit PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website: