VESTA A NOBLES

  • Bonnie McGhee
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2000
      DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT VESTA A NOBLES.... MARRIED SAMUEL MOORE
      VESTA AND SAMUEL HAD THEIR FIRST CHILD IN 1843 SO I WOULD ASSUME A
      MARRIAGE CLOSE TO THAT... SAMUEL WAS BORN @1811 AND VESTA @1819

      SURNAMES:MOORE,MOORING,HYMAN,BRILEY,MEEKS,ANDREWS,BALLARD,BARNHILL,WAI
      NWRIGHT ETC...ETC..ETC...
    • Elizabeth Beavers
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2000
        Vesta, I have looked in my records and I cannot find a Vesta A Nobles, however there is a Samuel Moore born 30 Aug l772 who married Lidea Rasberry about l795, they had a son by the name of Samuel Moore Jr. I have no other information on him but have wondered if he could be the Samuel Moore you are looking for.His father was an ordained preacher and preached at Meadow Meeting House, the father died l6 Jan.l847, in Greene County, N.C.  Samuel Moore's grandfather was William Moore and grandmother was Millicent ( ? ) Moore who lived in Pitt County N.C. near Wilson and Edgemombe Counties. I understand there is a Moore Cemetery in Pitt Co. on the land William Moore owned until his death between l8l2 and l8l4. The land is on a stream called Wards Run in Pitt Co. If you have any information that connects with this Moore family I would be happy to share what I have with you. I am continually trying to connect with any of the Moore's to find info on the grandparents mentioned here.  Elizabeth Beavers, 2l28 Lake James Dr. Waco, Texas 767l0-2728

        Looking for MOORE, NORVE{I ]LL, JENKINS, MAYO,
        DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT VESTA A NOBLES.... MARRIED SAMUEL MOORE
        VESTA AND SAMUEL HAD THEIR FIRST CHILD IN 1843 SO I WOULD ASSUME A
        MARRIAGE CLOSE TO THAT... SAMUEL WAS BORN @1811 AND VESTA @1819

        SURNAMES:MOORE,MOORING,HYMAN,BRILEY,MEEKS,ANDREWS,BALLARD,BARNHILL,WAI
        NWRIGHT ETC...ETC..ETC...

        Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
        Click here for the scoop:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/9531/9/_/9468/_/970588679/

        Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS website.  Suggest you BookMark it! Visit:
              http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/

        Mark your calendar's for PCFR's 4th Annual Meeting and REUNION 6th & 7th Oct 2000.  See:
        http://www.FamilyReunion.com/cgi/calendar.cgi?ref=email&keywords=jewelle@...

      • Charles Baldree
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2000
          Hi Elizabeth:

          I noticed your response to the Samuel Moore inquiry.  I am wondering if there is a connection between your Moore line and mine.  My gg grandfather was Woody Moore.  He was born abt. 1780 and lived in or near Pitt County, NC.  His wife's first name was Priscilla. they had a daughter by the name of Elizabeth Moore, my ggrandmother.  She married Alfred Byrd/Bird.  If you have any information I would appreciate hearing from you.

          Charles Baldree

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2000
            In a message dated 10/3/00 11:59:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            genemom@... writes:

            > DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT VESTA A NOBLES.... MARRIED SAMUEL MOORE
            > VESTA AND SAMUEL HAD THEIR FIRST CHILD IN 1843 SO I WOULD ASSUME A
            > MARRIAGE CLOSE TO THAT... SAMUEL WAS BORN @1811 AND VESTA @1819
            >
            > SURNAMES:MOORE,MOORING,HYMAN,BRILEY,MEEKS,ANDREWS,BALLARD,BARNHILL,WAI
            > NWRIGHT ETC...ETC..ETC...

            Hi Bonnie, Give me a few & I'll check for your Nobles name. You sure do have
            a lot of surnames that I do! we gotta be kin! See my list
            below............Ree N-10-E-C

            "Yesterday is today's memories, tomorrow is today's dream."
            SURNAMES I AM RESEARCHING ARE:
            N.C. MEEKS, NOBLES, SUTTON, EVERETT, WAINWRIGHT
            S.C. ASKINS, MATTHEWS, WOODROW, PILKINGTON, HUTCHINSON
            ??? ALPHEUS GRAHAM AND SARAH/SALLIE JACKSON HAILE
            My homepage: "Ree Rebels".some more than others!
            www.familytreemaker.com/users/s/t/o/ReeG.Stomer/index.html
          • rlcapps
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2000
              Hello Miss Ree,

              Glad you're back safe and sound. Could you check your Nobles list for a James Nobles ca. 1777 Pitt Co. and see if
              there is any connection to a John Page (his wife was Unity Harris)?

              Marilyn

              RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/PAGE/PERRY/RIDDICK/WYNN
            • REESTOMER@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 4, 2000
                In a message dated 10/4/00 12:08:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                rlcapps@... writes:

                > Hello Miss Ree,
                >
                > Glad you're back safe and sound. Could you check your Nobles list for a
                > James Nobles ca. 1777 Pitt Co. and see if
                > there is any connection to a John Page (his wife was Unity Harris)?
                >
                > Marilyn
                I sure will check Miss Marilyn!!!!!!!! Just give me a few.
                Ree

                "Yesterday is today's memories, tomorrow is today's dream."
                SURNAMES I AM RESEARCHING ARE:
                N.C. MEEKS, NOBLES, SUTTON, EVERETT, WAINWRIGHT
                S.C. ASKINS, MATTHEWS, WOODROW, PILKINGTON, HUTCHINSON
                ??? ALPHEUS GRAHAM AND SARAH/SALLIE JACKSON HAILE
                My homepage: "Ree Rebels".some more than others!
                www.familytreemaker.com/users/s/t/o/ReeG.Stomer/index.html
              • Edith Cox
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2000
                  I have a Meeks line but know very little about it. These gg grandparents
                  were in New Hanover Co. (now Pender) before 1840. Christian Ann Meeks, dau
                  of Staten Meeks and Ritha; Staten's father was Ruben Meeks. I would gladly
                  welcome any information!
                  Thanks!
                  Edith Mallard Cox